wiring

jchrisk1

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
I know this has been gone over a thousand times, but I can't find anything specific to my year. Maybe they are all the same, but I can't figure it out.
I've been searching and looking at wiring diagrams for days trying to figure out if I have this right.
I'm trying to remove the RLU, starter and safety relays.
The RLU I'm supposed to connect L/B to L/Y. On my harness, where it plugs into, I have a L/Y, L, and L/R. The L plugs into the L/B at the plugs. So I'm assuming that I connect L to L/Y?
The safety relay I'm supposed to connect L/B to R/Y? Cap off the Y and R/W to R/W. On my harness the R/W's are pigtailed. One into the safety relay and one pigtailed into the starter relay. So, do I just cap that off? And that leave's a L and a L/W that I don't know what to do with.

I don't know that any of this is correct. I don't have much electrical experience and schematics don't make much sense to me. I can somewhat trace things down, but whether or not I need to hook things together beats me. To me, according to the diagram, I need everything.

So, if someone can help me by telling me if this is right or tell me what I have wrong or just what to do, it is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris.

Back