Won 2 Trophies this Weekend

DogBunny

Motorcychologist
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Trophies.jpg

First Time I ever entered a bike show and I won two trophies this weekend.

DSC03430.jpg

On Saturday won First Place in the Metric Custom category at the ROT (Republic of Texas) Rally, our version of Sturgis. My friend Alex won best Rat Bike with a 1975 XS650 that he bought from me a few years ago.

East Side Classic.jpg

On Sunday won Best in Show (!) at the more prestigious East Side Classic, which is only open to vintage bikes and is judged by classic builders and restorers.

BestInShow.jpg

It was a good day for the home boys at the East Side Classic. My bud Josh (center), known as GoldToothGarage on this Forum, won first place in the Best Japanese category, and my friend Jeremy (right) won Best Rat Build. Another Homie, Taylor, won Best American. We won everything except Best European.

DSC03469.jpg

The bike is a 1980. The tank and number plates are vintage 20 year-old Omar's with custom Kenny Robert's tribute paint scheme (not stickers).

DSC03448.jpg

DSC03436.jpg

DSC03448c.jpg

DSC03436b.jpg

DSC03448d.jpg

Last edited:
CONGRATULATIONS Dog Bunny!!
The bikes in the first shot sure show the influence of JP Cycles.
With the ass dragger bags and big wheels. I'm used to Harleys having this done. But that one right behind you, with the knee dents and clip-ons, what is that?

Great,great job, you should be very proud. tim

Thanks a lot everyone.
Some observations:
This was never intended to be a show bike. It was just a really junky, non-running bike with a lot of issues that I bought because of the plastics.

I have always marveled at how much some people spend on their wheels. I am a cheapskate, and I never got it. But, now I do. If you really want to make your bike stand out, powdercoat your rims and hub an unusual color like yellow or fluorescent green or something. Alternatively, powdercoat the frame an unusual color.

Geo1.jpg

RightPipes.jpg

This is the bike pretty much exactly the same except for the wheels. Not so flashy, but still a good-looking bike.

I've had the red wheels sitting around for a couple of years. As I said, I am a cheapskate, and the only reason I had them was because I got them for free for helping someone out. They were intended for a different eventual project, but I realized that if I put them on the Yellow 5 that it might make all the difference and give me a shot at a trophy.

Back