Would a Xs650 engine fit into this??

YamaJosh

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
http://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/mcy/4714954519.html

I found this bike which is a few hours away from my house and absolutly love everything about the bike besides the engine of course. It has a 125 engine in it and claims to be a Legend frame (not sure what that is). I was wondering if you guys think a 650 engine would fit into this fairly easy, and what if any you think would need to be changed?

Would I just need to create custom motor mounts? Would the sprocket on the engine be a problem lining up to the rear? I guess I'm looking into what problems might arise and how much of a pain they would be to tackle and if it would just be a waste of money to go this route. I don't have a welder or anything so I would have to probably take it to someone for those things. Anyways I think you get my concerns, let me know what you think.

well, yes and no.
the yes part-
anything will fit anything, but other than motor mounts, were to put the wiring, battery?
Since you don't have a welder, I suggest you git u one. Back and forth to a weld shop isn't cheap. you will be prototyping (a tad). So be prepared to have things welded on, just to be cut off, moved .19" , and welded back on.
If you did have your own welder, and have done custom work like that or any fabrication where the grinder and welder are as comfortable to you as if they were your hands, go for it.(I have the trigger finger to prove it)
It would look pretty sik. The 650 motor would hang quite nicely out the sides.
If you do get it, and decide not to cut into it, sell it for more than you got it for.
Or just ride it as is.
The no part-
Gasp! you should leave it stock! Don't hack it! restore it, baby it, smother it in a barn, so oneday, when the kikkers are actually worth something, some garage monkey can find it, and ask THAT forum why the charging doesn't work.
Get my point there?
:thumbsup:

Thats a kicker 5150 chinese chopper kit. Its a toy I'm sure if you saw it in person you could see the quality is not up to having a heavy viby 650 motor in it.

agreed. the yama frames are thin, but Yamaha did a lot of guseting on the 650. case in point, upper motor mount. a lot of guys leave it off with no ill effects, transferring the load to other mounts. kicker hasn't been around as long as yama in the 70's, so, if you have seen the bmx bike with a 650 motor stuffed in it, ask yourself if you would ride the bmx 650 faster than you could run?

xs engines are very tall, so I wouldn't have thought so, and would a chinese frame take the vibration of an xs engine?

I used to have the 200cc version, there is no way to fit one, and if you saw it in person they are an adult toy. Very small.

Back