Wanted - wtb. xs650 frame/ swingarm, roller or basket case.

Myowncreation

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im looking for a xs650 frame with title or with an honest owner who is willing to fill out the paperwork that I will supply to get a title. I would take a roller or basket case but I don't want to spend a lot and It would be nice if you where close to the twin cities, MN area.

I've got an extra frame, drum and disc swingarm a, several wheels, front end parts, all kinds of stuff leftover from my build. No title but I can help with paperwork, pm me

Got two frames ready for hardTail
$300.00 with good title
$150.00 with Title that needs done over
Shipping is $65.00

Attachments

• 2013-09-25 11.34.26.jpg
    2013-09-25 11.34.26.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 141
Did you ever get what you wanted? I am new the the forum, I am sick of dealing with the CL bs. I have a 1975/76 roller with a motor that I was told ran. i Needs all the wiring done. Has the retro rain catcher rims. I believe the motor is a 76 motor. The frame is already hardtailed, and a style that I haven't seen in years. I can send you pics. I am in Wisconsin. I have no title but will provide needed info. I planned on trying to get the title in WI but it's a royal PITA. If I do get a title the price will go up. If you are interested, let me know. We can discuss price and details.

Did you ever get what you wanted? I am new the the forum, I am sick of dealing with the CL bs. I have a 1975/76 roller with a motor that I was told ran. i Needs all the wiring done. Has the retro rain catcher rims. I believe the motor is a 76 motor. The frame is already hardtailed, and a style that I haven't seen in years. I can send you pics. I am in Wisconsin. I have no title but will provide needed info. I planned on trying to get the title in WI but it's a royal PITA. If I do get a title the price will go up. If you are interested, let me know. We can discuss price and details.

post a pic of the frame we my know who made it :D

Looks like a BLACK WIDOW frame to me they were a round a few years back.
if I remember wright they were one of the first ones to start to chop xs's

It does look like a BW frame. That's where I got my hardtail done years and years ago, and it came with pointy axle slabs like that. (I squared mine off) I had them do my frame with a little less space between frame main downtube and rear wheel. (more like stock XS wheelbase) And they also raked the neck just a little for me.

At the time, as I recall, it was pretty much just them, (BW) and TC Bros. I probably would have gone with TC Bros, but they couldn't really do it with the smaller space between frame downtube and fender.

Anyway, I have read disparaging remarks re: Black Widow, but they did right by me, and communicated well and took seriously the specs I wanted. It is smaller diameter tubing than TC Bros, but seems strong, and also it is nice and straight.

I have wondered from time to time where those guys are now.

It does look like a BW frame. That's where I got my hardtail done years and years ago, and it came with pointy axle slabs like that. (I squared mine off) I had them do my frame with a little less space between frame main downtube and rear wheel. (more like stock XS wheelbase) And they also raked the neck just a little for me.

At the time, as I recall, it was pretty much just them, (BW) and TC Bros. I probably would have gone with TC Bros, but they couldn't really do it with the smaller space between frame downtube and fender.

Anyway, I have read disparaging remarks re: Black Widow, but they did right by me, and communicated well and took seriously the specs I wanted. It is smaller diameter tubing than TC Bros, but seems strong, and also it is nice and straight.

I have wondered from time to time where those guys are now.

Thanks DirtDog and EmzDogz. So BlackWidow did ok work, and I will be fine you're saying. I am hope I can get a title for this thing. I am getting excited. I may get creative and use my family in MN to work the title angle. Thanks for all your help.:bike:

Edit: Makes sense that it may be a BW. The license plate holder has a cobweb theme welded to the top of it. Corner is sharp as heck, about punch a hold in my leg when I walked around it in my garage not paying attention. I was going to get rid of it, but I may leave it now. Thanks again.

Last edited:
well some people posted really bad things about their work, like joining tubes without a slugs. I think mine has slugs (although I can't prove it) and was well built save for the less beefy tubing. I will be keeping an eye on mine once I begin to use it more (when it's done). If anything, someday I may have the axle plates replaced with thicker. I believe mine are only 1/4". (which could be just fine, I hope)
Good luck!

well some people posted really bad things about their work, like joining tubes without a slugs. I think mine has slugs (although I can't prove it) and was well built save for the less beefy tubing. I will be keeping an eye on mine once I begin to use it more (when it's done). If anything, someday I may have the axle plates replaced with thicker. I believe mine are only 1/4". (which could be just fine, I hope)
Good luck!

Good to know. Well getting a title is my first step. I don't plan on spending a dime if I can't get a title in WI. And if I can't, some lucky person is getting a frame cheap!

Yeah mine doesn't have the tubing going over the axle plates. That would definitely stiffen those plates up. Hmmm, yeah I have no idea. Regardless the welds look good, I don't know about the junctions though. Only way to know if there are slugs it to find the joins and drill. Don't know if I want to do that though. We will see.

Part of me says enloadit to someone who has more parts and time. Mine needs all the electrics and switches, and in WI you can run without blinkers so the wiring will be more complicated than needed. I have another bike/project as well and that is a runner, so I am torn.

I lost the title on my bike once. I had never registered it and it got lost. I got a replacement through this company out of either Las Vegas or Alabama where they do a work-around so you can then title it in your state. Like you sell them the bike for $1, and they title it in one of the states where the rules are real lax about that, and they send you back a title you can take to your DOT. (of course it costs money, no clue how much now) So I went ahead and got it registered with the new title, so in case I ever lost it again, it would be on record. Then, wouldn't you know, I freakin' FOUND the orig title. Anyway, just thought I'd mention that work-around method of getting title in case you didn't know about it.

Yeah I have heard of those companies. Prices have gotten crazy I have heard. That will be a last ditch effort. I just realized that all this chatter is going on in the classified thread I posted in not in my Intro thread. To the OP Sorry for the highjack!

Back