WTF is this??

pregrid

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
Some of y'all may know I've got a project goin'. Anyhoo, got the motor apart, no major shit goin' on, mostly REALLY shiny, smooth cylinder walls, just gonna need a good top end deal. BUT when we pulled the barrels off this guy went tinkling across the work bench. WTF is THIS? Looked thru some microfiche and can't find it. anyone?

topendredo9.jpg

topendredo10.jpg

yep, right here

Attachments

• cylinder-head-cylinder-head-cover-tx650axs650b-xs650-b-1974-1976_bigyau0774a-5_31e7.PNG
    cylinder-head-cylinder-head-cover-tx650axs650b-xs650-b-1974-1976_bigyau0774a-5_31e7.PNG
    62.6 KB · Views: 119
So it may be.........are you ready for this?................a superfluous piece of equipment?
i actually had to go to the interweb to get the correct spelling for that word!

im guessing its needed. when i found out that i forgot it i made a thread and asked if it was necessary. someone said that it should be good. that was all i needed to hear. next time the engine is open its going back in tho. its gotta baffle oil for some reason....:shrug::shrug:

Not running it might cause your engine to pump excessive amounts of oil out the crankcase vent. Key word, might. Remain paranoid about your oil levels until you know for sure.

shit. i thought there was alot coming out of the breather vents. ill keep a better eye on that. im pretty sure ill do something with my top end this winter anyways.

So it may be.........are you ready for this?................a superfluous piece of equipment?
i actually had to go to the interweb to get the correct spelling for that word!

I had a Jr High Social Studies teacher who insisted it was spelled, surpurplous. He went so far as to subtract points for spelling it, superfluous.

It was at that point I learned that one needn't be smart to teach public school.

i forgot mine too after a hone/ringjob. no oil mist comes outta my vent. maybe because my top end is fresh?

i forgot mine too after a hone/ringjob. no oil mist comes outta my vent. maybe because my top end is fresh?

i dunno, maybe i have other problems. i went on my first few rides without any tubes on the breather, pretty much covered my carbs/crotch in oil, definally found a good way to route those breather tubes after that.

I had a Jr High Social Studies teacher who insisted it was spelled, surpurplous. He went so far as to subtract points for spelling it, superfluous.

It was at that point I learned that one needn't be smart to teach public school.

Yeah, unfortunately, few legislators (read the people we vote for) realize education is more important than almost anything else. Our children are our future and deserve the best education we can offer. However, I digress...............................

Back