WTF pictures

1703084700231.png

You got those bolts all snugged up, right?
Thought you did that!

Last edited:
My first girlfriends older brother had a '64 GTO, God he loved that car, some trivia below

1964 GTO on the Pontiac home plant assembly line in Pontiac, MI.

The 1964 GTO was created by engineers Russ Gee and Bill Collins. John DeLorean, as Chief Engineer, loved the idea, but GM corporate policy prevented using an engine this large in an intermediate sized car. DeLorean knew that the committee responsible for approving new models would veto the GTO due to its 389 cid engine, so he proposed the GTO as an option on the LeMans model. This bypassed the committee entirely, but he had to sell the idea to Pontiac. Pontiac's General Manager, Pete Estes, along with Pontiac Sales Manager Frank Bridge, would be the two men that DeLorean met with to pitch the GTO. Frank Bridge worked with Zone Managers and maintained dealer relations. His job was simply to sell cars. He disliked the idea of the GTO calling it a teenager's hot rod. DeLorean wanted Bridge to commit to selling 5,000 units so the GTO could be pre-sold before GM found out about it. Bridge objected and told DeLorean he would be lucky to sell 500 units, but if DeLorean could get dealers to take 5,000 orders, he would approve. In a matter of days, more than 5,000 orders had been placed. DeLorean and Estes were confident that once GM found out the GTO, it would be too embarrassing to cancel it because dealers already sold them.

For the first few months of production Pontiac maintained a very low profile and did not advertise the GTO. In fact they kept the GTO option out of their Tempest/LeMans brochure entirely, but they did supply dealers with ordering information. As late as November 1963, two months into production, Pontiac's advertising man Jim Wangers still feared that someone at GM would discover the rule breaking GTO option and immediately cancel the car. As word got around, GTO sales grew. When GM fully understood what had happened, they could have immediately shut down the GTO, but Pete Estes, Pontiac's general manager, put his career on the line by keeping the GTO away from GM top brass until it was too late. Estes deserves a lot of credit for the GTO.

By year end over 32,000 1964 GTOs had been sold and the muscle car era was born.

facebook_1703086888419_7143264148443532793.jpg

narrow gauge railroad>
1703117163201.png

1703117231325.png

ride in great comfort
1703117286252.png

longtimeago building automated warehouses somewhat similar robot monorail...stability rail was also the sliding contacts for control loop and motors.... I prefer the coal power model...

Had a 66' ... with the OHC 6.... 4 speed ...would eat any V8 from the start but they'll haul me down on the top end.... fun car.. Brother bet me it wouldn't get rubber in a 4 gears.... did it twice.. 3rd time grenade'd the tranny ... good times... :)

Back