xj550 build

don91

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
was trying like hell to find a xs650 to build but ended up getting a deal on a 1982 xj550 maxim. it sat for a year and was used as a stunt bike, ignition is fubared, carbs need rebuilt, needs throttle/brake cables and a bunch of other stuff. this will be my first bike build after owning a few street bikes i plan to build it into a bobber. i picked up a 84 yamaha vtwin that had a sportster tank on it. plan on taking the tank and using it on this xj and buying or building a hardtail kit. ive got the bike tore down for the mostpart and the motor is ready to come out just waiting for an extra set of hands to yank it out. will take me awhile but. gonna try to do all the work myself. ill keep yall updated and if anyone else has an xj let me see some pics!!! sorry for the random rambling and spelling errors. its late and my phones junk!!!
PHP:

the sportster tank idea mighta just went out the window, they have already modified the tunnel to fit the other yamaha it came off and its not quite wide enough for where im wanting it. may have to play around with it a bit more. just hade to cut it up again and make it hold less fuel than it already does.

Back