XS 650 Owners

BACK SHIFT

XS650 Enthusiast
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,
Anyone out there from southern Oregon that is into Those Yamaha XS 650's, maybe give me a shout, PM would be great!
Back shift

.... use to live in K Falls.... . (born there).... If you see a " chopper " Xs with extended forks.. peanut tank, welded on sissy bar... rear Harley fender... inside laced 16 inch rear wheel... painted baby crap yellow.... :rolleyes:

Down Medford area perhaps? I'm a fair bit North of you in Olympia, WA...been down that way a few times though, really like the area.

Hi,
Just been wondering if anyone around my area in Grants Pass, Oregon rides an XS?
Yet to ever see one up and down the road?
Do you see any up your way very often?
It will be some wet riding weather about now for both of us
(Rain for Days!)
.... use to live in K Falls.... . (born there).... If you see a " chopper " Xs with extended forks.. peanut tank, welded on sissy bar... rear Harley fender... inside laced 16 inch rear wheel... painted baby crap yellow.... :rolleyes:
Hi, That would be an easy bike to recognize, Think it might be snowing these days in Klamath Falls, gets much colder over that way. Your you tube channel is great. Where do you call home with all those machines?

My X drag'd me to Minnesota ...(1981) K Falls never got as stupid cold as Minnesota.... 20-25 below for days.... I keep a few bikes downstairs at condoville... several at my work station I share with friends.... and a couple of others at friends' garages... I plan to thin the herd.... At the shared work station.. I'm doing my 82' Xs.... other guys ... a Kaw 750 triple... Suk 750 " tea kettle ",,, a 50's Sunbeam... 48' Chief... we have vapor blaster.. welder... Bridgeport... metal saw... and a wealth of knowledge .... 😎

Attachments

• Sercret garage lift.jpg
    Sercret garage lift.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 26
Hi Mike,
Man you ain't just a hall fartin on talking about flat ass cold weather? We get down to low 20's and shit down both legs. Klamath Falls get damn colder. I did my first 18 years in Penna. and know about winter, went to Nam and learned from buddies of sun shine in Calif. come back state side, moved from the east quickly, hated snow. Sounds like you have some great buddies to hang out with in your town. All that cool shops, equipment to work with is super. Your large collection of rolling stock just blows me away? Might be tough to part with some of your favorite machines? I work on only 3 early BMW's, and new to me the 82 650 heritage, money pit $$. Going thru the 34's now, was parked 12 years prior, you know the drill on this story. Been getting real familiar with 12 years of much needed maintenance, repairs. Would liked to had bought Triumph like we rode back in them roaring 60-70's but can never afford one these days. I truly like this Yamaha, 12 months into it now. Been a real labor of love up till now, and winter has come? might even get to put some miles on it come summer time, sure as hell hope to.
Good talkin to ya back in Minn.
Keep warm
Stay safe

Back