xs 650 society

kbtoy

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi kbtoy.79 xs.Question is the 650 society still active.Also I live in Atlanta Ga Decatur area Any xs 650 riders from around here.Thanks

I received a test email on the 26th of December. Reading through the forwarded email, it appears that the site is running but they are working on getting all the information transferred plus activating the members only section. I assume there will be a confirmation posted somewhere once it is up and fully functional.

Here's the link: http://xs650society.com/

Hi kbtoy here.Did someone buy out two wheels only? I heard where was some talks about that.Thanks

Not exactly. Two Wheels Only shut down in 2011. Bill Johnston, a motorcycle enthusiast, recently purchased and renovated the property. He has opened a new motorcycle resort in 2013. Two Wheels of Suches is the new place. The old resort is gone and a new one has opened in it's place. If you go there looking for the old TWO you'll be disappointed. Go with an open mind. You might like it.

logo_twowheels_colortweak2.png

Not exactly. Two Wheels Only shut down in 2011. Bill Johnston, a motorcycle enthusiast, recently purchased and renovated the property. He has opened a new motorcycle resort in 2013. Two Wheels of Suches is the new place. The old resort is gone and a new one has opened in it's place. If you go there looking for the old TWO you'll be disappointed. Go with an open mind. You might like it.

Thanks for the links. I was there for a National sidecar rally in 2004, and really enjoyed it. The riding in that area is really challenging in places, and beautiful weather in the summer make for a worthy roadtrip destination.

The Yamaha 650 Society is very much alive and well. After looking for a willing and competent successor for years, our Executive Director, Don Lawson, has passed the torch to John Chavez. John has started a 650 Society Facebook group and has a new Society website under construction.

logo_twowheels_colortweak2.png

Damn, sad that place is gone. I used to live in Athens and would ride the 129/180/60 loop all day and eat at TWO. Hope Bill is doing the place right.

Hi kbtoy.79 xs.Question is the 650 society still active.Also I live in Atlanta Ga Decatur area Any xs 650 riders from around here.Thanks

I live in atlanta too! I just moved back here and Im lookin for guys to hang out and build bikes with. Where are you at in Decatur? I'm near decatur in the briarcliff area

Back