XS motor winter rebuild!

How I felt watching that video:
c88d29a2301d.jpg

Great job on that bike my friend! Really something you should be proud of :cheers:

Hey xsiowa, the pan was a cheap ebay purchase that came w an even cheaper seat pivot. I added the studs for it later, then shipped it to Haifley for a cover. Really appreciate the compliment man.

Annoyed; I hear ya, I will shave down the fender mounts and left leg caliper mounts, but the right lower will always have the caliper mounts in case I decide to throw the front brake back on.

Here's one of my fave crappy pics just because. I slapped on some VM34s and have a bunch of miles on this bike now. Finally getting it tuned right and running very strong.

yGDL9.jpg

WOW! This bike is awesome and I too was an admirer of your original work. Your bike was the desktop background on my comp for a while. Whats the specs on those T-Bars? Ive been looking for a set but everything Ive found is either not riserless or just ugly.

Cheers!

Thanks stuntman! Nice words.

The t bars are from Front St Cycle, craig made them. I specified a 5" rise w a forward bend and he knocked out the rest. He has top tree for an XS in shop so he builds them off that.

Blackbetty can you give details on your foot clutch? Would like to do the same on mine. Like the outside linkage. Cheers.

I estimated the linkage length once the mids were on; the mids themselves are universal Tarozzi rear sets. The actual worm gear mod if from blacksmithbilly. He has a how-to thread on chopperunderground.

I purchased the threaded rod and small heims from mcmaster carr. Took a bit of trial and error to get it all right, but it works like a charm and is tough as nails.

The worm gear lever was made using a double shaft collar from mcmaster welded to a lowbrow #2 frame tab.

Back