XS Performance Headers

Wonder how much shipping would be to the states? That's awful kind of you.
I have been so busy at work i haven't been on the forum for a while but I imagine it would not be cheap. If I get a chance after work I will take them to the post office for a quote and post some pictures. They would also need to be re-chromed and here in Australia that is very expensive that is why I am not using them but you are welcome to them.

I have the MikesXS ones on my '83 but I'm pretty sure they're the exact same part. They haven't turned any color really so far, maybe a very slight gold. This surprised me because single wall pipes usually do turn colors. The MAC set I put on my '78 turned blue almost immediately, lol. They are noticeably thinner pipes though. These XS Performance ones are quite a bit thicker by comparison, and that probably explains why they don't discolor as easily or as much. YamahaXS650.com is having a heck of a sale on them at the moment, nearly $40 off. I bought another set for spares.
On the '83 exhaust, what type of layout, street Tracker or pipe on each side?

Pipe on each side. I like that style best.

83ExhaustDone2.jpg

83ExhaustDone4.jpg

Pipe on each side. I like that style best.

View attachment 208829

View attachment 208830
They seem well priced. I'm thinking about the Ascot pipes. The only thing is I would rather they weren't chrome. Well, bead blast and VHT black can fix that. Don't know how loud those short mufflers would be though. I ride a '05 H-D Road King with Rhineharts, so I like some noise.

They will be loud. My buddy bought a slightly used pair off another 650 rider. He didn't keep them long because they were so loud (probably why the 1st guy sold them, lol). The mufflers in my pic were too loud when I got them because they're basically straight through .....

Peashooter2.jpg

I added baffles to quiet them down.

They will be loud. My buddy bought a slightly used pair off another 650 rider. He didn't keep them long because they were so loud (probably why the 1st guy sold them, lol). The mufflers in my pic were too loud when I got them because they're basically straight through .....

View attachment 208842

I added baffles to quiet them down.
So, I wonder if the 07-0115 baffles from yamahaxs650.com would fit in those short mufflers, and how much would they help?

Back