xs performance stainless exhaust w/out torque optimizers

Ive got 1 5/8ths (I.D.)on mine at the moment, no discernible power difference to my 1 1/2" pipes, might be different if I rode it hard:shrug:

Last edited:
Actually, because the area of a circle is proportional to the square of its diameter, 1.75" dia. is a pretty significant increase over 1.5" pipes - 36% - in terms of cross sectional area, which is what affects flow velocity. When compared to the 1 1/8" diameter of the inside pipe of the stock double-walled headers, 1.5" pipes represent a 78% larger cross sectional area , and 1.75" pipes represent a 140% increase.

Hello, my 1st time here and probably my last as I just don't have the time . I spent a long time writing this, as with every written page, words can come back to bite you in the <you know>.I was told my name shows up from time to time on this forum I hope in a good way.I found it under the torque cone and pipe area. Here are my findings .
A few years ago I heard about these torque cones, I bought a set from Mikesxs, put them on a motor I just built for the new race season. It had a Shell 700 piston set, Shell #1 cam ,no porting just matched the intakes to the 34mm vm mikunis, and 1 3/4" Shell style tt pipes. I lost torque and HP. You can go to www.hoosracing.com to see the results as I don't know how to post. It may be hard to see as I am not a good computer guy, The pipes I used were 1 3/4"od and 1 5/8"id . I search for other dynos out there before writing this, but did not find any just one simulation of what they thought. I also saw one claim they will add 14 hp by the seat of some guys pants, not that easy to make 14 hp, I made 57hp with the above set up.If I knew I could have made that much by just restricting my exhasut I would have done that but as you see with the dyno you can't. Lets see real dynos out there not guesses. If there are parts and tecknique out there that can make power I am the first to say great! For me I have to see proof to believe. Here is my disclamer<The cones may work for some apps, but they did not for mine. By the way the cones are for sale, Gary

Gary, thank you very much for taking the time to post your knowledge and experience. Please feel welcome to post here whenever you have the time.

Garry,
Yes thank you for taking the time to post here for sure. I know you are very busy and know how to make one of these things run extremely well. I have talked to you on the phone and you are a class act as real as they get. Your input here is valued so post when you can.

Back