XS1 Build

I like the simplicity of the build, the use of the front fender as the rear fender is a great idea. Will have to rethink my build, great job.

Just finished reading through the thread, and WOW!! You are a top-notch metalsmith! Love the simplistic interpretation of the XS1, it preserves the character pretty well.

Isn't the rear tire going to hit the fender every time you encounter any irregularity in the road surface or even from just sitting on the bike? What am I missing here?

Thanks for the comments guys.

Yeah, the theme I chose for this build was "bare bones", haha. I wanted to customize the bike without totally reinventing it. I am happy with the final product considering it was my first build. There are definitely things I'd do different, but all in all I'm pretty stoked. I gained a ton of knowledge that'll help out a lot with the next one!

Isn't the rear tire going to hit the fender every time you encounter any irregularity in the road surface or even from just sitting on the bike? What am I missing here?

The tire did end up pretty close to the fender, I bumped up the pre-load setting and it only hits on big bumps. I just pick myself up off the seat if I see a big one coming, lol. Not totally practical, I know...

In the last pic when its on the ground, the pre-load was at the softest setting, so it sagged down a bit. it's really not that bad, if it was a serious issue I would've oped for longer shocks or moving the fender.

Back