XS2 Exhaust

scanney

RP McMurphy
Reaction score
Hey guys, I purchased replica mufflers from MikesXS for my '72 XS650. They look great and seem to work fine. However, I'd like to open them up a bit. I could use a little roar (not too much) in my life. Has anyone done anything to modify the baffles on these mufflers? If so, what did you do and how did it come out. Thanks, Sean PS pic attached of the bike hibernating in my basement.

Attachments

• 1972 Yamaha XS650 XII.jpg
    1972 Yamaha XS650 XII.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 131
Has anyone done anything to modify the baffles on these mufflers?

I’ve never done it on one of our 650’s, but I have done it to a stock muffler before. The old school barbaric way, went to Home Depot and bought a 3 foot piece of 1/2” rebar, grind a chisel point on it, slide it in the end of muffler and beat it with a big hammer, punching a hole in the baffle. Having said that, I sure would hate to do that to a nice new replica muffler! :laugh2:

I’ve never done it on one of our 650’s, but I have done it to a stock muffler before. The old school barbaric way, went to Home Depot and bought a 3 foot piece of 1/2” rebar, grind a chisel point on it, slide it in the end of muffler and beat it with a big hammer, punching a hole in the baffle. Having said that, I sure would hate to do that to a nice new replica muffler! :laugh2:
You animal!!!! Never thought you would resort to such barbaric measures!! :sick:

Back