XS2 Rev counter ‘Cracked dial’

Flyingspanner

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi all - my amber indicator lens fell out of my Rev counter so I went to glue it back in place and during the process heard a ‘crack’ - turning over the gauge to my horror the dial has cracked, from looking at the other threads it seems you need to pry open the crimped case to access - does anyone know if replacement dial plates are available - I could then fit a new decal ?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3877.jpeg
    IMG_3877.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Hi all - my amber indicator lens fell out of my Rev counter so I went to glue it back in place and during the process heard a ‘crack’ - turning over the gauge to my horror the dial has cracked, from looking at the other threads it seems you need to pry open the crimped case to access - does anyone know if replacement dial plates are available - I could then fit a new decal ?

Thanks

I do not believe plates are available.

Best best is probably glue back together. (Little strip of 2oz fiberglass on the back for support) sand the front flat and put on a decal which are available.

Check the mailman restoration thread. He covers the speedo dissection and refacing.

You may also be able to find a toasted gauge in the classifieds here or eBay and take the plate out, reface if needed and put it in yours.

Dogbunny seems to always have a good stash of gauges.

Thank you - I have read them both very informative, I am probably going to try both avenues - look for a pre owned one on eBay etc and also strip mine down and look to repair the plate or I may be able to source something similar and then replace the decal, with probably do the speedometer at the same time

Back