XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
043.jpg

045.jpg

048.jpg

037.jpg

046.jpg

1978 YAMAHA XS650-clean, clear title. 5200OBO
Modified "brat" frame, shock mounts moved up & forward, xs500 neck & trees, xs650 forks
Frame painted with black base, gold flake, PPG clear-coat
New Monza style 11.5" shocks
16" aluminum xs rear wheel with Mooneyes disks, custom cut
Shinko rear tire
21" Honda xl250 front wheel
Avon Speedmaster front tire
Custom made seat
Vintage Kawasaki 100 tank
Honda Trials Headlight with new H4 bulb
Unknown vintage fender
PPG Silver base with silver flake, H.O.K. Pegan Gold Candy with Gold Flake & H.O.K. Root Beer Candy with Root Beer Red Flake, all sealed with PPG clear.
vintage style cloth covered wiring
New control levers
Seven sins Metal-flake Gold grips
Fully rebuilt 80-81 motor with late model factory TCI ignition & XS performance carbs (honed cylinders, new rings, lapped valves, new valve seals, new oil filters, all new gaskets, etc.)
Custom fabricated: handlebars, headlight bracket, fork covers & misc mounts and brackets.
NOW HAs PANDEMONIUM DRAG PIPEs WITH BRASS TIPS
BURLY BRAND BLACK MX PEGS
BLACK BEAR TRAP KICKER
BLACK MODEL A TAIL LIGHT
FEATURED IN LOWSIDE MAGAZINE(copy included), HORSE MAGAZINE, AWARD WINNER ETC.

ahh lets open this can of worms. if you have a problem pm is the way to go especially since you are not part of the situation. however since you insist... the picture and specs sent to the horse for the readers ride section were not printed the way i emailed them. i listed the build, what was done etc and THEN I listed what I had done to it since than. In my email to them I never represented the bike as my build but I also DID NOT put the builders name. If I was truly trying to represent the build as mine would I not have done so here? Would I not have done so when I sent it in for a two page spread to lowside magazine(issue 9, VC is mentioned as the builder). When people ask me if i built it I tell them who did, if they ask specific questions I let them know the GOOD and the BAD. I did not mention VC for the horse submittal but I also DID NOT submit it as its printed. I have over 800 feedback on ebay(100% positive) and I never misrepresent something I have/sell. I do not go around bashing VC even though I have had numerous issues with the bike which I will not go into but Jay is aware of. Yes Its a custom, yes I know it may have some issues, but what I have gone through with it(time/money) to get it to where it is today(rideable) is way beyond normal. Did I go on here and list all my problems and bad mouth VC? NO! So until you know the facts perhaps you should watch where you insert your two cents....

Back