XS650 chopped & Raked Lots of pics!

WOW, What more could I say. I am retired from tool & die, your work is "class A"! Your welds are text-book pretty! Your design and layout work is impressive to say the least! Very good job....A++

Wow, that's incredible! An absolute work of art and you are a master faber. I think my jawbone broke when it hit the floor! That is definitely the coolest XS650 I've ever seen and in my top 3 list of the coolest bikes ever. GREAT JOB!

This is the most creative "home shop" build I have ever ever seen, and thank you for doing it to an xs650! and not an H-word. Please, If you are willing. do a descriptive post on the clutch cover uv dye setup. if you dont want it to be common knowledge i understand. when you go for originality nothing kills it like copycats.
you sir are the fab king. it would take a crew and a large business to accomplish what you have built here. from a fellow fabber Props to you. hurrah, hurrah, hurrah!

:thumbsup:

Here is my XS. Bad cell phone pics but you get the idea. Hope you like it...because I love it!

2012-03-14162652.jpg

2012-03-14162702.jpg

2012-03-14162631.jpg

^^^^In the 3rd pic I had to do a second take cause the street sign looks like a sissy bar:) Sick bike

Hey man,
I became a member of this site just so I could tell you how amazing the bike is. It should be featured in a magazine, win shows, and I dont know, whatever else can happen to commend you on your work. You truly are a master. I've been researching and into xs650s for the better part of 10 years and have never seen one with such craftmanship and attention to detail. Do you still have the ability to make those clutch covers? I want to start a project in the near future and would kill to have a clutch cover like that. Again props for the work, its amazing.

This is inspiring. It reminds me of a starwars Droideka :). You've gone the extra mile with this build man, fantastic work.

I KNEW that headlight reminded me of something from the movies! I was thinking maybe the head of one of the aliens from the Aliens movies, but you hit it right on the head(light)! This bike is awesome--the tires and wheels are my favorite part. Those full-size Harley wheels are pretty cool when laid bare. I, for one, enjoy the look of the headlight. Is it as fun to ride as it looks? How does it handle? Forgive me if you've answered that already.

I love this build.... my main question is about the rear wheel. I want to use the same wheel on the back of my hardtail build. I was wanting to know what had to be done to fit a sprocket, and what kind of clearance was needed on each side of the rim.

Rear fender mock up...

100_0600.JPG

100_0605.JPG

Added the rivets and got it off the lift for the first time!...
100_0621.JPG

100_0622.JPG

100_0625.JPG

100_0641.JPG

After all that i broke it all down and did all the boring prep work sand blasting and powder coating. I built my own 6x4x4 oven so i do it all in house. Major cash saver, if you have the means, make one well worth the time and effort. Ill save you the boring process, heres a pic of my oven though...

41.jpg

63.jpg

I have to say sweet oven. I know that addict 33 built one like yours. His has two coils though. Do you have any specs on it?

For the headlight setup i really wanted a bit of a sport bike fairing, with a bit of a futuristic twist. The idea was to gut a couple of cheap aftermarket projectors, and mount them in a stepped fender. I also wanted a couple of dim green LEDs mounted inside for the parking lights to echo the other green highlights. Just wanted an eerie green "alien blood" type glow when the bike is sitting. In the pics the projector lenses still have the yellow polarizing layer on them, i have since took it off and they look MUCH better...

35.jpg

36.jpg

After i cut out the holes, which was a geometrical nightmare. I telescoped some tubes together and plug welded it up. this way i could slide the lens/LED/bulb assembly through the back., which makes for easy bulb changes. Top is the low beam bottom is the high beam.

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

The plan was to lay some nice TIG beads all around the visors and leave them as is, but cutting out the hole was pretty complex (for me anyway) and some gaps were too big. So i welded in all the gaps and smoothed it all out after i cut down the visors. Still need to blend a bit more but i HAD to test them out. The whole assembly can be adjusted in all axis's to dial in the headlights. Still need to add some details to it as well...

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

Amazing Work!

Back