1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

XS650 chopped & Raked Lots of pics!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by justin, Dec 3, 2010.

1. kvanderploeg

kvanderploeg The Dutch Terror

It's not your computer. There is a nationwide protest today regarding a bill in Congress.

Kent

2. JAGUARGOD

JAGUARGOD XS650 Addict

AAAAhhhhh...heard that ..didnt know it would affect this way.....thanks...Kev.

3. Capt_Zoom

Capt_Zoom Raider Rider/xs newbie

Funny since congress already dropped it, supposedly.

Justin as you make your electric bike could you post plenty of pic and maybe even part numbers. I've been thinking about doing something similar for a long time. Very cool idea.

4. Scotty T

Scotty T XS650 New Member

I am in heaven right now. I have had this 650 for almost 6 months, and I'm sorry to say it has just sat. I am mechanically inclined, but complete ignorance in the mototrcycle world. The welds you put down are fabulous! Very impressed.

5. Hooligan83

Hooligan83 XS650 Enthusiast

Please don't convert to electric, because then it loses what makes it an XS650.

6. Capt_Zoom

I won't be converting. But I would take a roller and make it into an elec just for fun.

7. atomic22

atomic22 XS650 Addict

Does an electric bike need a title? Sorry if it's a stupid question

8. Capt_Zoom

I would assume so since you'd have to register it to be road worthy. I know here in MN if a bike is under something like 100 cc you don't. I guess since the bike would be zero cc maybe you don't have to register it. Good question.

9. Spades

Spades XS650 Addict

Where did u get the vertical oil tank? Nice build!!

10. Hooligan83

Hooligan83 XS650 Enthusiast

Yes, you have to register an electric powered vehicle. It's not entirely based on motor size, but can also be based on speed capability. Hence the reason why electric cars have to be registered.

11. justin

justin XS Monger

Yeah Ev's need titles too, Motors are rated in watts as per state titling regs. I wont be converting this bike, just making an electric copy. Given the current technology, and the bikes space for batteries, you can only pack about 12 Kilowatts on board. Thats only enough to go about 100 miles before a recharge depending on driving habits. I'm more interested however in silently wasting ANYTHING of the line. No one will know what hit'em D)...

Spades, the vertical tank is just a horizontal tank turned vertically D) Bungking.com has a kit, or you can just order up the metal from your local supplier.

12. Please document every aspect of your electric build and share it with us!!!! (so I can copy it part for part and wire for wire :eek:) :laugh:

13. ReycleBill

ReycleBill Part Time Tyrannicide XS650.com Supporter

Me Too! :thumbsup:

14. kelso

kelso XS650 Addict

I agree that this is one of the coolest xs's I have seen. The headlight is the only part that doesn't work for me. Great build and pics!

15. Pov76

Pov76 XS650 Addict

Killer job! Loved the pictures

16. stuntdouble

stuntdouble Contract Killer

Crazy fab skills! Great ideas! EPIC WIN!

17. i am in love with this bike. i had an idea to do a "porthole" on my side cover a while back. im glad to see you've done one and how great it looks!

18. the clutch cover have any issues? i would like use your idea on my current hardtail build. any tips would be bad ass

19. Yes congratulations on the win! :thumbsup:

20. Gordon

Gordon XS650 Junkie

Congratulation's on the build AND the monthly bike of the month. Although, I think yours qualifies for the year. I personally want to thank you for taking the time of documenting it all for everyone to see, and maybe even learn some new idea's. Your machine is definately not a 'cookie cutter' by any streach of the imagination. I was wondering how you were going to tale the 'fender'ook out of the headlite assy., well done. I know exactly what you went through on the headlites, as back in the day we did allot of 'Frenching' of tail lites on rod's. Well worth the effort, though.