1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

XS650 Craigslist postings depository

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Kingwj, Mar 13, 2010.

1. madmax-im

madmax-im Yamaha...Go your own way... XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Not to mention the rusty mufflers...or the nice dent in the gas tank...$4800 my ass...:rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    Greyandridin and YamadudeXS650C like this.
  2. madmax-im

YamadudeXS650C likes this.
  3. madmax-im

YamadudeXS650C likes this.
  4. gggGary

gggGary I'm listening, change my mind XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mpo/d/lake-geneva-yamaha-xs1100/7215932560.html
    @jetmechmarty
    Yamaha XS1100 - $700 (LAKE GENEVA)
    image 1 of 5
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

1981 Yamaha XS1100 with Yamaha Vetter faring and saddle bags. Original owner, but motorcycle hasn't been run in 18 years. It has 18000 miles on it. It's all there but will need carburetors cleaned, gas tank cleaned and rest of motorcycle gone over from sitting all these years. I'm selling this for my neighbor, please serious inquires only, as I have listed it's been sitting for 18 years so it needs a complete go through but it's in very good condition.

5. madmax-im

@metoo...............I always have wanted one but timing and money never conspired together

gggGary likes this.
  6. jetmechmarty

jetmechmarty What should I put here? XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Nice! Reality is my garage is filled up. So is my time. I love the bike. It was made in the time of the 55 mph speed limit. I don’t find it suitable to today’s super slab speed. When the time comes for me to get a mile eater, I’ll probably choose something that will happily run at high speed.

madmax-im and gggGary like this.
  7. YamadudeXS650C

YamadudeXS650C Central New York XS650 XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

FB marketplace
    Camden NY
    $650 1977 XS650 - $550 today only
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1312136765796047
    Sez:
    Seller's description
    Was running a few years ago, than was parked; cool looking bike-compression is still good. Not sure what it needs-not currently running Take it as is for repair or parts FOR ONLY $600

[​IMG]

8. Jim

Jim Beyond the edge is the unknown. Here be Dragons XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

9. Jim

Jim Beyond the edge is the unknown. Here be Dragons XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

10. gggGary

TwoManyXS1Bs, GLJ, Mailman and 2 others like this.
  11. YamadudeXS650C

YamadudeXS650C Central New York XS650 XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Machine, Mailman and Jim like this.
  12. madmax-im

Even the Venture Royales were light years ahead of the XS1100 as a hwy mile muncher...But the real question is Marty...Do you really ride that fast? Legal hwy speeds are still quite doable by the old Venturers and other XS1100s properly tuned...But there are many other touring bikes better suited to the task...

13. jetmechmarty

The real issue is that I have seven motorcycles and all of them need attention and it isn't getting done. Also, my garage is full. My other half isn't any too happy about the Honda Fourtrax on the back porch. Yes, the Venturer is awesome.

gggGary likes this.
  14. gggGary

Mailman, Greyandridin and Jim like this.
  15. Jim

Love those triples. Buddy of mine had one.... we stripped the motor down and removed all the black paint and polished the aluminum. It really transformed the look.
    ... and a buck a cc ain't bad in anyones book.

16. jetmechmarty

John Chaves (@desmoman900) brought a new one to VYR a couple of years ago. It was featured in Motorcycle Classics magazine.

17. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru Top Contributor

I had one too, bought it new right off the dealers floor, in fact I traded my ‘76 XS650 in on it. I loved that triple, it was one of the best bikes I ever owned. Decent ones never show up here. My ‘78 looked like this, I later added a matching silver Vetter Quicksilver fairing to it.
    43BC85C9-E306-44FF-A00A-636BA2AA2154.jpeg

Jim, madmax-im, MrBultaco and 2 others like this.
  18. Mailman

By the way, an interesting detail, I also had that luggage rack. When you open the seat, because that plastic tail section swings with it, the rack has a hinge in the middle and you have to pull a quick release pin in the front so you can tip the rack back.
    F95264A3-2871-46AE-9637-2AA77FAF0DBE.jpeg

19. Grimly

Grimly XS650 Addict

Ireland
    I've just obtained one of those racks, that explains the odd arrangement, thanks.
    I had the last XS750 model, with all the bugs sorted out before they launched the 850. Only had it a couple of years, but had no trouble from it at all, despite the owners of previous models predicting doom and gloom. It ran weak from the factory, and when the silencers started to rot out in the Borders climate, it became an utter pig to start. That's about all, and the weight. It was a heavy bugger, but oddly enough when I later bought my first GS850, it was exactly like the XS750, with only a few pounds difference between them, and the handling being identical.
    I'd have another one, but the shafty Yamaha itch is being currently scratched by the XJ900F in the stable.

Jim likes this.
  20. Mailman

Back when my XS750 was new, I had two friends that bought the latest 750’s from Honda and Suzuki. At that time the Honda was still the original single overhead cam design and they had been continually trying to update and squeeze performance out of it, but it couldn’t keep up with the Yamaha and Suzuki. Of the three, the new Suzuki GS750 was the performance king, it was smooth, and fast. My XS750 could almost run with the Suzuki, but it had a shaft drive which I loved and that inline triple howl made a wonderful sound, I wouldn’t have traded it for either bike.

madmax-im and Jim like this.