XS650 Craigslist postings depository

Might as well put a sign on them that says "Free Take One":laugh:
https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...kWcl6GfHHem-O8MCigXqnlyBX5dA3_FlQ&oe=65361D2E
392948262_10223296867746192_8787935478741246880_n.jpg

Kevin, does the engine turn over...is it a roller...looks like the fork stop is broken from the dent on the tank..what does the left side look like...left muffler ...does it shift...would you have it in your garage as a project...paints faded some...on and on. Like Vincentfan says...rust and oxidation. We know how to fix those things. Beemer parts are expensive. buyer beware. I wish it were in Denver area.
I sold an R90S clock I had for $100 last year...could have gotten more...guy drove 200 miles round trip for it. Still have a tire pump and BMW accessory magnetic light I had on my XJ650RJ (for camping).

Last edited:
Kevin, does the engine turn over...is it a roller...looks like the fork stop is broken from the dent on the tank..what does the left side look like...left muffler ...does it shift...would you have it in your garage as a project...paints faded some...on and on. Like Vincentfan says...rust and oxidation. We know how to fix those things. Beemer parts are expensive. buyer beware. I wish it were in Denver area.
I sold an R90S clock I had for $100 last year...could have gotten more...guy drove 200 miles round trip for it. Still have a tire pump and BMW accessory magnetic light I had on my XJ650RJ (for camping).
I view the R90S as the holy grail of BMWhood. Maybe I should write a Python script, In search of the Holy R90S?. If this is salvageable I may end up learning the BMW lore.

I view the R90S as the holy grail of BMWhood. Maybe I should write a Python script, In search of the Holy R90S?. If this is salvageable I may end up learning the BMW lore.
You know, I've ridden and owned a gazzillion different bikes over my lifetime but come to think of it, I have never once ridden a BMW??!

They've always been above my paygrade (in my mind anyway) so I never really pursued the idea. :umm:

I messaged him and asked a couple questions. No response, so far. I asked if the engine turns over, how long the carbs had been off and what's the title status.

I messaged him and asked a couple questions. No response, so far. I asked if the engine turns over, how long the carbs had been off and what's the title status.
At $300, it’s only a bum deal if it’s stolen. That would be a treasure trove of spares for me.

Back