XS650 Craigslist postings depository

Wow... bummer. 79 Special II, in great shape...13K original miles, all there...needed some carb cleaning and tank sealing... wanted $350. Seller probably realized it was WAY underpriced. :(

Wow... bummer. 79 Special II, in great shape...13K original miles, all there...needed some carb cleaning and tank sealing... wanted $350. Seller probably realized it was WAY underpriced. :(
He realized it, but still sold it to me. I just picked it up this evening. I'm not sure if I want to clean it up and keep it stock or bob it out. Either way, it was a good deal and I found it just minutes after it was posted.

Nice find! looked like a solid bike.
It pretty much is. It's not as clean as it looked in the pictures, but it's not too bad. I'll start the cleaning process tonight and continue through the weekend. I'll be posting more in the other sections. Hopefully I can get it road read within the next couple of weeks. It's going to take a lot of elbow grease at this point. My first XS. I had a Triumph awhile back and still have my Springer. This will be a fun project. And at $350, I can't go wrong.

Back