XS650 Craigslist postings depository

I dont know what it is but i am particularly drawn to the 1977 models...I have a few more ads but will let y'all digest these for a spell....

the days of cheap bikes is over for sure..............

that first 77 is a 76........

The second 77 has had the rev-counter changed, (still has the brake lining wire so the Rev-counter should have the warning light)........I guess the question is has the speedo been as well, so question mark on the Mileage.

the days of cheap bikes is over for sure..............

that first 77 is a 76........

The second 77 has had the rev-counter changed, (still has the brake lining wire so the Rev-counter should have the warning light)........I guess the question is has the speedo been as well, so question mark on the Mileage.
I cant wrap my head around these prices... they're outta my league...

Those prices are "Asking Prices". Too bad CL doesn`t post the actual selling price.:confused:

Wow that is in excellent shape, $4200 for a stock bike. Prices are very good these days. If you were wanting a xs650 and wanted something running and stock you are looking at around $3500 to $5000 probably, that is a lot! Of course if you are willing to restore it yourself you can save a lot of money. You can get a rough standard project for less than $500 sometimes. But even a project could be more.

Wow that is in excellent shape, $4200 for a stock bike. Prices are very good these days. If you were wanting a xs650 and wanted something running and stock you are looking at around $3500 to $5000 probably, that is a lot! Of course if you are willing to restore it yourself you can save a lot of money. You can get a rough standard project for less than $500 sometimes. But even a project could be more.
I am a turnkey buyer..that said these bikes rarely stay turnkey..if you love to tinker and have the time...enrgy..tools and aptitude then these are perfect bikes to own and maintain..My problem is that i am not mechanically inclined passed routine maintenence..and so i will always need someone elses help...Couple this to the fact that i am retired and on a very fixed income...I can only afford one bike..So for me none of these bikes are going to fill the bill..I know what will and its pretty much just gas oil and tars...on a modern ..fairly up to date machine..But I do love the vintage rides best..who knows..nothing is set in stone...

Well with the average age on here, waiting for a $500 bike, (that isn't going to cost another $5000 to restore), that is a reliable go anywhere distance bike, there is a very good chance your not going to live long enough to find it.

restoring a bike doesn't save you money.........only gains experience....... and maybe, (If your lucky), the difference in the money spent and the value of the bike after restoration will be less than the money lost on buying a new bike and selling it a few years later

Back