XS650 Craigslist postings depository

A shame you guys just post a link that eventually gets deleted and thus you lose these awesome pics...I would love to have this one...although I wouldnt pay exactly that much for it...
00z0z_e5sazWHZbb_1200x900.jpg

photo and blurb from auction above

This is an old, real AMA racer set up for TT or street with a front disc brake. The frame and engine mounts are all custom-made race pieces. Front forks and brakes are Yamaha XS. The tank is a fiberglass piece that a lot of racers used back in the early '70s and has no ethanol damage. The motor is 1970 and I do not know what has been done to it, only that it is a good runner. Wheels are aluminum and tires are slightly used newer Dunlop K70s which were the race tire of choice in 1970! Just had the brakes and carburetors rebuilt, new brake lines, new battery (total loss system), clutch adjusted, cam chain adjusted and new plugs. There is an old tech sticker on the frame from a 1/2 mile AMA race at Columbus Ohio. See photo 10.

I have posted a short video of the bike running on youtube. Search "1970 Yamaha SX650 Racer AMA". I have listed the mileage as 003 because that is what I have put on the bike. I have no idea what total mileage is. Kenny Roberts was winning TT and Flat Track with a similar Yamaha about the same time this bike was probably raced.

Ask questions now. Signed bill of sale only. The ebay autofill states that there is a salvage title but there is no title because this race bike was never registered for the street. In most states you can obtain a bonded title through a private title co. or the DMV. $1,000 deposit within 48 hours and the balance within 7 days. PayPal preferred. No international sales. I can recommend a shipper or you can use u-ship.com. Thank you for looking.
70 AMA.jpg

shame you guys just post a link that eventually gets deleted and thus you lose these awesome pics...I would love to have this one...although I wouldnt pay exactly that much for it...

the "Greenest" skies you've ever seen are in Seattle
:D

Last edited:
I keep looking at that race bike, and wondering , are they using a Triumph Bonneville frame? When they switched over to that oil in frame. Look at the big curved frame center tube.
2CCD8829-E1B7-4E82-85F6-878E0FE0E30D.png

Last edited:
This sold in Appleton yesterday. Missing exhaust, did not look as good in person as pics looked. NO title.
upload_2019-4-14_10-44-50.png

Also these two, much rougher than they look. These 2 had titles. On top of the sale price was a 5% in-person buyers fee, 18% if bought by internet, 5% sales tax, 3% if paying by credit card and if it has a title $40 title fee.
upload_2019-4-14_10-41-36.png

upload_2019-4-14_10-42-53.png

If you want to see some crazy prices go here.
https://www.proxibid.com/O-Brien-Au...CTION-OF-180-MOTORCYCLES/event-catalog/159806

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-14_10-36-59.png
    upload_2019-4-14_10-36-59.png
    439.2 KB · Views: 161
Back