XS650 Direct

Unfocused

I Love Boobies
Reaction score
So I'm very disappointed in XS650 Direct. The Canadian distributor for Mikes XS. I need about 10 items to complete my build. 9 of which they are out of stock. I sent an email to them asking when they are expecting the items to be back into inventory. They could not provide an answer to the question, only that they were looking for another supplier.

On that note I contacted Mikes XS. To my dismay they will not ship outside the US. Or ship within the US for a non domestic credit credit card. Now what??? I have to wait for the Canadian distributor to get his $#!t together???? My build is now at a stand still. To be so close to completion and be denied service by a supplier and told to wait by another. What happened to customer service on this contenent?

For those of you that have been following my build you can see by the images that I have posted just how close I am to kicking her over and riding off into the sunset.

I am going to attempt to find yet another source for parts. But I wanted a one stop shop to save on freight and duty if coming from south of the border.

I have checked the site (forgive me for not remembering the name) of the fellow member here that does not do online transactions. He seems to have most of what I am looking for, but not everything. I'll phone in what I can tomorrow and see if he has more than what is listed online.

Thank for reading my little rant. Hopefully somebody will understand my frustration.

Have a great night

Kevin

MikesXS will ship to the US for a Canadian if paying by PayPal - I've done it often and recently. And if all else fails surely you know someone in the US?

I'm in Toronto as well - what parts are you desperate for? I have a bunch of stuff here (new parts from MikesXS) that I'm not urgently using yet. So if there's something I have that you need we can probably sort it out.

650central.com can get you anything from Mikesxs at the same price and if it is over $150 free shipping. Michael is great to do business with and a wealth of info.

Riksoto

I guess I'll have some ordering to do tomorrow. I have PayPal and am will to order anywhere to get my bike complete. Running out of time to get it on the road this season. Thanks for the tips boys.

....okay. Pull your head from your ass.

Welcome to supply and demand. They are re-making old parts for these classic bikes and quality control can be an issue along with finding someone to do it in the first place. Maybe you should try an odd ball old bike then see how fun it is with no parts or NOS $$$$$ parts.. I hardly see how this is XS650directs fault. They have always been fast with shipping and easy to deal with. MikesXs has seen its share too.

Seems a little pig headed to give the post a title like that. Buy a new bike if it bothers you. 10 years ago this kind of place and parts supply never existed.

Woah woah woah. Pig headed? Mikes has all the items I need. XS650 Direct has nothing, nor could they provide a date of availability. I was told by XS650 Direct that they couldn't provide any date of availability even though the US counterpart has all the items on the shelf ready to go. Since when was voicing ones concerns and frustrations not allowed? This is the Internet for crying out loud. All I am trying to do is finish my bike, and getting basically getting denied access to my required items without even an appology in this day and age doesn't get me anywhere.

It's not like I was trying to buy something as specific as a brake caliper or carb kit. I am just trying to get a clutch lever and cable and some misc other items. Unless you have a commercial interest in XS650 Direct please direct me to a solution like your fellow board members. All I want to do is get my bike on the road. Other than that please keep your personal oppions about me to yourself. Thanks

....okay. Pull your head from your ass.

Welcome to supply and demand. They are re-making old parts for these classic bikes and quality control can be an issue along with finding someone to do it in the first place. Maybe you should try an odd ball old bike then see how fun it is with no parts or NOS $$$$$ parts.. I hardly see how this is XS650directs fault. They have always been fast with shipping and easy to deal with. MikesXs has seen its share too.

Seems a little pig headed to give the post a title like that. Buy a new bike if it bothers you. 10 years ago this kind of place and parts supply never existed.

XS650 forums have been in existence for a long time,ever hear of the XS650Garage and no it wouldn't be this forum ,you just weren't around during their start-up and Mike's was up and running.

ML, for the most part wasn't out of stock for very long on those demanding items,seems he saw straight through the crystal ball and sold at the right time,might be time for change in the near future for all, as this run can't last for ever

Hey partner, any Parts Canada dealer should be able to get you levers and cables in short order. Said it once today already, a little more targeted, but the same sentiment. Don't assume that nobody but the targeted vendors for the XS has what you need. In the corporate world, if you get too dependent on one vendor, and they mess you around a time or two, and you put up with it, they will do it more, because it didn't cost them anything. If everyone takes thier business elsewhere that has problems with a vendor, they will eventually see a trend, and if they want to survive, they will fix the problem. So don't just sit around bitching about this one or that one, get out there and google up some damn parts. I understand that Chapparal ain't gonna have a cam chain guide, but damn brother, how long have you known ya needed a lever, and how long have you been working on the bike?
Just saying, bud. Don't act like you're cornered until you are sure you are. If you come on this board looking for something, and evrybody comes up scratching thier heads, then yes, you may be up shit creek, but ya gotta do a little leg work yourself sometimes.

XS650 forums have been in existence for a long time,ever hear of the XS650Garage and no it wouldn't be this forum ,you just weren't around during their start-up and Mike's was up and running.

ML, for the most part wasn't out of stock for very long on those demanding items,seems he saw straight through the crystal ball and sold at the right time,might be time for change in the near future for all, as this run can't last for ever

Just because mikes has it and CDN site dont doesnt mean anything. when people were bitching that Mikes had no ATUs or Cam chain guides guess who bought a few from the Xsdirect as they were in stock.

Buy from 650 central or go visit egay, sometimes you get lucky.

And yes, i was around for those forums. got xs number one in 2005. Things have taken off ten fold since then including the parts list, And smaller shops like Hugh and Pandemonium.

I too am looking for parts in Canada and find it odd that the US arm of Mikes has the parts and the Canadian distributor can't seem to find a "supplier" ???
Welcome to supply and demand.
Seems clear to me there is supply and demand.
I hardly see how this is XS650directs fault.
Evidently, the US distributor can seem to get the parts.
How is it that parts can't be brought in from the US to supply the Canadian customers?
Seems a little pig headed to give the post a title like that.
Yes, something does seem a little bit like that....:wink2:

Anyway, TIM, do you have a high performance coil for TCI ignition.I can buy?

Back