XS650 Scrambler

Norwegian XS

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I would like to see pictures of XS650 scrambler builds :)

I really like the looks of classic scramblers.
I have seen photos of a XS 650 Metisse build, really loved the looks of it.

M%C3%A9tisse%20Desert%20Racer%20Replica.jpg

A frame like this whit an XS650 engine:thumbsup:

Those were some of the most beautiful motorcycles ever made.....I think.......Often thought of a big Maco frame.....and an xs engine.....?.....Triumph scramblers were fun to slide up and down the beach on at Datona till tha all came to an end.......xsjohn

Found these on the net

Attachments

• StevenHolland004.jpg
    StevenHolland004.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 4,682
  • StevenHolland005.jpg
    StevenHolland005.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 946
  • SteveS01.jpg
    SteveS01.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 2,192
Hi Guys,

I love my XS's, really I do---but a Triumph TR6 in a Metisse frame? It simply can't be beat! Single carb, tuned for low-end grunt...and a TR6 engine is lighter than even our XS engines.....

Wow. Just looking at it, I think I just had a hot flash......:laugh:

I'd love to see an XS set-up in a real Metisse rolling frame, with maybe a single-carb kit, slightly lowered compression, no electric starter, capacitor ignition to get rid of a battery.....oh, yeah. It could work great! :thumbsup:

- rickman still make frame kits, starting from 1250 pounds...but not by the original brothers

- wasp make good frames too

- metisse frames are still being made but expensive

- havent seen an XS650 single carb manifold come up for sale in ages...still see them in sidecross rigs

P1010104.jpg

The rickman frames were a bit confusing up until a few years ago, there were 2 companys building the frames both saying they had the rites from the rickman brothers to do so, then there was a break up in one of the companys and there seems to be only the one in Stroud left.

the xs650 rickman motorcycles make, unfortunately the pictures have come out pretty small as they were only small pictures on the web site:banghead:

Attachments

• Maco2002.jpg
    Maco2002.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 600
  • Maco2008.jpg
    Maco2008.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 611
Inxs how do you do that just putting a word down and it's a link, I've just put down virtually the the same links as you without realising but mine look crap:banghead: please tell the secret, mind even if you did I probably still couldn't do it:shootme:

Last edited:
Back