Make Offer - XS650 Special Bike Project, Two engines, tons of parts

4x4explorer

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I sold a decent amount of parts and am deciding to keep the rest in hopes of finding a titled frame locally. I appreciate everyone who showed interest and who bought some of my parts. If anyone has a titled frame semi close to Delaware please let me know. Or even a titled frame neck.

Attachments

• IMG_0029[1].jpg
    IMG_0029[1].jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_0026[1].jpg
    IMG_0026[1].jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_0027[1].jpg
    IMG_0027[1].jpg
    238 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_0030[1].jpg
    IMG_0030[1].jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_0032[1].jpg
    IMG_0032[1].jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_0031[1].jpg
    IMG_0031[1].jpg
    269 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0033[1].jpg
    IMG_0033[1].jpg
    264 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_0034[1].jpg
    IMG_0034[1].jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_0028[1].jpg
    IMG_0028[1].jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
I am so interested in the frames and other parts. I have been looking for a softail for a long time. I want to get rid of the rigid.

I really don't want much for them, maybe $50 for one and $25 for the other because some mounts for the side covers and reflectors were chopped off. But I do not have a title for either. I have done some research and one was clean, last registered in the late 80's from MD, and the other was titled in PA. My friend bought it and never transferred it to his name, and then lost the title after selling it to me. So the titles are a mess but as for shipping, I'm not sure how I could ship them to you.

Do you still have the engines?....If so did they run, do they turn over, do they shift through all the gears, and how much were you looking for them?...

Yup still have them both. The one that is together ran well a few years ago, I have been told it shifted and ran pretty smooth. I never personally rode it because I didn't know how at the time. The changing system went and it was parked for a couple of years. I bought it off my friend and it started with some fresh gas and starting fluid. It didn't have a problem turning over on its own after that. The starter gears are worn so it would spin every now and then. But other than that I was ready to put it back in the bike when I had it all back together. The second motor was close to being seized, I took it apart all the major components look ok. But it will it will need to be rebuilt, I am not sure about the transmission on that one. It sat as a parts bike for many years. Both need hardware for the side covers, most broke or stripped trying to remove them, and both have a bad rotor and stater. I could take $100 for the one that is torn down, and I'd like $350 for the good engine. Shipping would be extra, but you could probably make the drive from PA.

Also one other thing both would need is the sump oil filter at the bottom. They were ripped as is common to the 650. Also the good one will need new side cover gaskets, oil sump and oil filter gaskets and a stater gear cover gasket. I have a cheap gasket set I was going to use all those out of that I could throw in with the good engine. I wouldn't recommend using the actual head gasket for anything though.

Give me a price on both the motors and do you have all the parts for the broken down one.
How much for the carbs?

Sorry I have been a little busy lately. But the wheels are pending for sale today so if they sell I wont have any drum parts. For both engines I could take $400 if if you want to pick them up. They both need a rotor and stater and some hardware for the side covers. The one apart needs cam chain. Other than that a few gaskets, which I can include 1 complete gasket set with them. I'd like to keep the carbs with the running engine, but the other set i would take $20, I would throw them in if you bought that broken down engine.

I have a stock set of pipes, Id have to chop the mufflers off right after the first bracket, I'd take $15 for the pipes but I would have to check on shipping. It would be at least another $15. The chrome on them has some pitting and rust but they are usable after some cleaning.

I'm looking for a rear brake rod, the long skinny one that's threaded on one end and has the U clip on the other for a drum break set up. Shipping to 01832 when you get a chance please.

Thanks, Dave

Back