Wanted - XS650 Standard/flat Seat

79Standard

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hello, looking for a standard/flat seat in good condition, recovered is fine as that's what i'll end up doing anyways if i can't find one. lemme know what you've got and what you want for it. thanks.

I have a decent seat from a '75. needs cover replaced. Comes with brand new saddlemen cover. You just have to assemble.. $110 shipped... PM me if you are interested.. Thanks..JB

Attachments

• Seat cover 1.JPG
    Seat cover 1.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 110
  • seat cover 2.JPG
    seat cover 2.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 99
I have a Flat seat from a 1980 special. It was stepped. I shipped it to a guy in Ca., he cut it down and topped it with a new cover. Would an '80 seat fit a '79 standard?
WN2

I have a Flat seat from a 1980 special. It was stepped. I shipped it to a guy in Ca., he cut it down and topped it with a new cover. Would an '80 seat fit a '79 standard?
WN2

I'm not sure? 79 was the last year for standards. I think my seat pan is the same as earlier standards but the foam is stepped slightly on the back. Not sure if the regular replacement covers would fit and am trying to avoid having to shave it down if I can.

Just for info; here's a shot of a correct 78/79 standard seat.

dsc08721.jpg

I'm looking for a stocker myself.

Hey I am looking for a 79 standard cover, even a ripped one, I want to send it to a repo place so they can make a new one....

Hey I am looking for a 79 standard cover, even a ripped one, I want to send it to a repo place so they can make a new one....

gggGary,

I just picked up my 2nd '76C and it apparently has a non-'76 seat on it. It is stepped and not in the best of shape, so my plans are to part with it and find a '76 style flat seat like my first '76 has on it. Not sure what year mine is or if you are interested, but perhaps we can deal if you're still in the market.

Attachments

• AAA_Seat_4.jpg
    AAA_Seat_4.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 109
  • AAA_Seat_5.jpg
    AAA_Seat_5.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 118
  • AAA_Seat_3.jpg
    AAA_Seat_3.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 93
  • AAA_Seat_2.jpg
    AAA_Seat_2.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 98
  • AAA_Seat_1.jpg
    AAA_Seat_1.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 99
That looks like a 78-79 Special seat, the 78-79 standard seat has the chrome that runs all the way around the the back but the foam/cover is stepped a bit, see my pic above on the green 78, thanks for thinking of me!

Sorry, Gary. I should have looked more closely that you wanted a flat Standard.

I'm considering a standard seat from MikesXS, although price is up there.

Comments from any buyers of MikesXS replacement seats (such as one pictured)? Same question for anyone who has bought their seat covers...

Most stock seats that I've seen on eBay are in shitty condition.

Attachments

• Standard_XS650_Seat.jpg
    Standard_XS650_Seat.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 92
Sorry, Gary. I should have looked more closely that you wanted a flat Standard.

I'm considering a standard seat from MikesXS, although price is up there.

Comments from any buyers of MikesXS replacement seats (such as one pictured)? Same question for anyone who has bought their seat covers...

Most stock seats that I've seen on eBay are in shitty condition.

Hey I dunno if your interested but i have a nice aftermarket cover and good foam and the sharp edge pan trim for under cover from my 77 seat pan I just sold if you have your pan this will work on it nicely $50 plus shipping and its yours. If not i'll put on my 75 pan because the cover is ripped bad and the foam is in rough shape.

100_0543.jpg

Nice seat, I'll consider.

I know nothing about the construction of these seats. I assume that the pan is the metal foundation. Does the cushion separate from the "Pan" and assuming so, how is it done?

Thanks for Seats 101 !!

I don't know if you found a seat yet but I have access to I believe the seat ur looking for, I know the pic isn't of just the seat but is that the kind ur looking for .im just helping a friend of mine and I happeed to see the seat yesterday. I can get abetter pic of the seat today if needed

Attachments

• 00H0H_fxrPRu98dRh_600x450[1].jpg
    00H0H_fxrPRu98dRh_600x450[1].jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 95
I might be claim jumping This is 79 standards thread.
Shawn that looks like it could be the seat I am looking for. Yes please a better pic and what you would want for it shipped?

Gary WI 53913

Back