XS650direct Shipping!?! $18 for some o rings!?

Tron

Bearded Sheep Whisperer
Reaction score
So im in need of a petcock rebuild kit for my 77. Now im in Canada, so i must order through XS650 Direct if I want parts from Mikes. No why the fuck does it cost $18 to ship a couple of rubber rings?

Anybody know any other options for me? I dont want to pay $42 for just a rebuild kit.

Or any experiences with XS650 Direct?

I'll mule the parts if you want to ship them to my place first. Should just be three to four stamps (~$2) in a regular envelope from my house to yours. Looks like Mikes is out of stock though.

Let me know if you want to go that route.

Shipping is getting out of control! I was trying to find cheap butterfly shaft seals, but they wanted 18$ to ship them! I'm with you, just stick them in an envelope!!

get them local, or from mcmastercarr. but i know they dont have everything. i delt with a little oil leak through my point housing because shipping was just as much as the seal which were around the 18 bucks.

I'll mule the parts if you want to ship them to my place first. Should just be three to four stamps (~$2) in a regular envelope from my house to yours. Looks like Mikes is out of stock though.

Let me know if you want to go that route.

Thank you for the generous offer alfredo, I ended up ordering a new petcock off ebay, $26 and $4 shipping. Ended up costing less then the kit.

So just buy $150 worth of parts to get a $14 rebuild kit? Seems a bit backwards..

naw, just get a whole gasket kit, some brake pads, and a bunch of oil drain crush washers.

everytime i order anything from mikes i usually throw in little bits of consumables here and there anyways just to have them. but ive yet to HAVE to make an order that isnt above 150.00. haveing the cash is the problem.

Back