Wanted - XS650SG Engine (80-83)

Haxel

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Looking for a work engine for old bessie, her current engine is alive and being used. I'd prefer an 80-83 year engine, but if I remember right a 78-79 is close except uses points which would be fine. (Please correct me if I'm wrong, the hobby died out a while back)

Condition: Clean'ish, doesn't have to run, but needs to be an engine that doesn't look like it's bathed in saltwater, preferably with ok internals.

Price: Relative to condition, I don't want to corner myself or limit options... but not too expensive as I am planning on rebuilding it.

I've got most of an engine from a 79 special. Do you need complete or willing to find parts and put together? I can probably make you a good deal, but they are heavy and shipping will of course be a consideration. I can give you more details if you are interested, let me know.

~Brian

Looking for a work engine for old bessie, her current engine is alive and being used. I'd prefer an 80-83 year engine, but if I remember right a 78-79 is close except uses points which would be fine. (Please correct me if I'm wrong, the hobby died out a while back)

Condition: Clean'ish, doesn't have to run, but needs to be an engine that doesn't look like it's bathed in saltwater, preferably with ok internals.

Price: Relative to condition, I don't want to corner myself or limit options... but not too expensive as I am planning on rebuilding it.

I have a 1980 that is complete. PM sent on the details.

Where are you in the sunshine state?

I'm willing to find parts (buy/piece) myself, I'd prefer to find a somewhat together (at least in the standpoint of engine upper/lower are still mated together). If jawa's engine works out it would be perfect, I'm trying to place the final product in an 80 XS650SG anyways. I'm only familiar with that year engine really, so it helps out in finding the parts.

Sent a PM to jawatkins2002 and if it doesn't work out I'll PM you Omni. Thank you for the replies.

Back