Yamabond vs Permatex copper spray for head gasket installation

Which method of head gasket installation did you use, and did it fix your oil consumption/smoking?

• Total voters
HEADS UP BOYS!!! THAT GASKET KIT XJ LINKED TO IS ON SALE 35% OFF FOR THE NEXT COUPLE HOURS.
THAT IS LESS THAN $10 FOR TOP END SET.
I noticed two guys bought them at the sale price. I bought a second one a while back just to have it at that price. Labeled "xs-2" they would appear to have been made in the early 70s and look to be asbestos rich. And nothing beats asbestos except an iron lung.

^I just looked at my spare and there's no corrosion. Looks like it was made yesterday, actually. The finish on the fire rings is that yellowish finish that shows different colors with angle change. One side of the head gasket has a coating of graphite powder, so if you see spots maybe some of that's gotten on the metal.

Okay, yeah, the pic of his later 72-on headgasket looks fine.
I have a "watch" on his XS1 gasket set. This composite pic shows the comparison, including the "stains" on the XS1 gasket.
Headgaskets.jpg

Cylinder pressures can peak in the 800psi neighborhood. Good sealing is important, especially around the fire ring. I may let these pass...

The XS-1 doesn't look too promising. if I needed one I'd probably talk to him about what he's got.