For Sale - YAMAHA 1976 MOTOR & CARBS unmolested 11,000 miles

scobman

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Yamaha 1976 complete motor and matching factory issued carburetor set

This motor has never been taken apart or disassembled, you can see the original yamaha gaskets are all still in place. The motor has 11,000 approx original miles on it according to the original speedometer.
Ive tested the electric starter and it turns over the motor great.
RIGHT CYLINDER - 128 psi
LEFT CYLINDER - 131 psi
I have reconditioned the top motor case with fresh yamaha motor grey hi-temp paint.
There is some cleaning still left to do on the bottom case and in between the cylinder base fins. The motor side covers have a great polished start on them.
........ The carbs are the factory issued carb set to this motor.
Ive done an internal cleaning to them but should be looked over again by the buyer.
MAIN JET - 122.5
PILOT JET - 25

Price wanted for everything - $850
Local PICKUP ONLY !!!! We are 25 miles southeast of Phoenix Arizona.
SORRY, Im not going thru the pain of trying to ship this.

*** Strator should be replaced ***

Motor includes the shift lever, kick start lever, clutch cover clutch worm, chain guide, drive sprocket, its all ready to go (strator should be replaced)

Its too bad I cant use the motor in an early year 70-71 bikes I stay focused on.

motor006.jpg

motor003.jpg

motorcasex003.jpg

motorcasex002.jpg

motorcasex001.jpg

NEWgood008.jpg

NEWgood007.jpg

NEWgood006.jpg

Last edited:
It's a nice motor - but I'm confused why you say you can't use it in your early year bikes (unless of course you're doing restorations and want to stick with the correct year engines).

I've had both a 1978 and now a 1984 engine in my 1972 frame.

It's a nice motor - but I'm confused why you say you can't use it in your early year bikes (unless of course you're doing restorations and want to stick with the correct year engines).

I've had both a 1978 and now a 1984 engine in my 1972 frame.

Still learning

Pick up only with a bad charging system for $850?

Those motors seem to sell for ab $250 all day long here in TX.

Do you have a title that matches the VIN stamped on the case?

Back