Yamaha Bolt

If I was in the market for a modern,traditional styled air cooled bike, under 1000cc, it might get on the short list.
I like the style, the fact that its air cooled (No radiator), naked(no fairing). I'd still get a Ural Gear-up first. That's another story though.

Id be in the market for a moto or a triumph if I were to be shopping for one.

The bolt is extremely low seated and I look like an ape on it, even worse than on a sportster.

I think it is a fine looking bike though!

I finally took a trip to the far-away Yamaha dealership last week and did the 'sit on it' test of the Raider, Stryker, Bolt, and the 400 single. The Bolt was quite comfortable and felt larger than it appears. The Raider and Stryker have a manageable low center of gravity, but this super-fat style is too new and strange for me. The Bolt had that pleasing narrower feel...

It's nice, just seems too new :laugh: Was in Philly with the boy this weekend and stumbled across Manayunk Triumph. 100% New triumphs on the floor. Those new Bonnevilles and Thruxton's are sweet. Talked to the owner Jake for a while about 650's, Triumphs and the bike business. Good guy if your in PA and interested in something without 35 years of crud on it. Got a cool poster for my cave haha.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 310
950cc in the Star Tourer if the old lady would consider riding.
The Bolt would be one up. Not sure it's justifiable whether she rides or not, you know how they can be.......

Jonas here's a Triumph Rocket for you, Two Many - talk about a super fat ride, 2,300cc! Guess they've been around for a while but first time I saw one up close.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 316
I like the Bolt. Wouldn't buy it though. My Warrior is like the Raider and Stryker. 102ci. Long, low center of gravity and a bit wide. I've had it for 10 years though and I am quite use to it. I'd buy the 400 single.

Jonas here's a Triumph Rocket for you, Two Many - talk about a super fat ride, 2,300cc! Guess they've been around for a while but first time I saw one up close.

Yeah, I hear ya. Finally saw this one 2 years ago. Huge! :yikes:
While studyin' it, my thoughts were: "Like tryin' to straddle and sit behind a large beach ball."...

picture.php

wow that is def a great looking bike and I like the features also. I want my next bike 2 b another xs 82 or 83 or an older affordable Harley. If I had it goo enough tho id def ride the bolt.

If I was rich, I'd still be here riding and fixing my 650. I love this bike. As far as Moto Guzzis go, ride an old sport model with the 40mm Delorto pumpers, then come back and we'll talk. Those bikes shit and git', and sound good doin' it.

Don't like much when it comes to the new bikes but I guess if I were buying a new one it would be the classic look of the Triumph. Just did a face lift on my shovel I have had for 25 years. Even on that I went back to the old school look of the 50's with a pogo seat 2-1 exhaust, early tank emblems, etc. I think the SR 400 looks ok but seems a little expensive for a 400. I guess its my age but I just find so many of the new stuff down right ugly. To me the Harley's of the 50's and 60's and the old 650 Triumphs are among the best looking bikes ever if I were just considering looks alone.
jefft

Was in town yesterday, and this cute little gal rides up to the restaurant parking lot,
on a brand new Kawasaki Vulcan S.
She was a slim 5'-5" blond, gushing with excitement over her new ride.

2015-kawasaki-vulcan-s-10.jpg

There's some Versys afficionados on this forum, and, as I understand it, this is a retuned Versys, in cruiser configuration.

KAWASAKI_VULCAN_S_2.jpg

These things can be ordered to ergo-fit the rider, and this one fit her like a glove.

2015_Kawasaki-Vulcan-Adjustable-Seat-Position.jpg

What I find interesting is that:
While the Yamaha Bolt is targeted toward H-D Sportster market,
Kawasaki is targeting this 650cc twin Vulcan S toward the Bolt market.
500lb liquid-cooled vertical twin, decent power curve.

web-kawa_vulcanS-dyno.jpg

I really, really, like that versys... er vulcan. I feel ashamed :doh:

and a little aroused, I'm not going to lie. XD

Last edited:
Back