yamaha R6 swing Arm Conversion

blagave

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am starting a new build and purchased a complete 2007 Yamaha R6 front end to put on the xs650. The guy threw in the rear wheel as well. I would like to convert to mono shock and have read about the different swing arm conversions, but haven't found any information regarding a R6 swing arm. Does anyone know of the R6 swing arm being used and more importantly, does anyone have dimensions on a R6 swing arm. Looking for the width of arm where it bolts to frame and center of axle bolt to center of frame bolt.

I am starting a new build and purchased a complete 2007 Yamaha R6 front end to put on the xs650. The guy threw in the rear wheel as well. I would like to convert to mono shock and have read about the different swing arm conversions, but haven't found any information regarding a R6 swing arm. Does anyone know of the R6 swing arm being used and more importantly, does anyone have dimensions on a R6 swing arm. Looking for the width of arm where it bolts to frame and center of axle bolt to center of frame bolt.

:wtf:Seems a shame to rebuild your beauty of an XS650 Street Tracker. I would think buying another one for the more radical new build and have a set of fraternal twins when you're finished.

Agreed.....I am not modifying the bike I just finished.
I bought a 1980 for my son and I to build together and we are just having fun going to the next level in a build.

Attachments

• xs conversion.jpg
    xs conversion.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 476
  • xs conversion 2.jpg
    xs conversion 2.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 505
I bought a 1980 for my son and I to build together and we are just having fun going to the next level in a build.

Good!:thumbsup: I'm anxious to see the finished product. You do great work!

Hi blagave, I've just aquired a 1980 xs250. I'm currently in the midst of building a cafe racer. By the way love what you've done with your yama looks amazing. Did you have to do an modification to the yolk or stem to fit the r6 front forks? And what year did you go for?

Back