Yamaha RD350 PMA Conversion

Scotchmist

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all,
Apologies if this has already been asked, I couldn't find the answer.
I'm presently sourcing parts for the RD350 PMA conversion (banshee parts aren't available here in the UK). My question is, can you use the required RD parts (stator, stator bracket and rotor) from any year of RD350? I've seen a few examples of the RD parts for sale and they all seem to look slightly different.
Thanks in advance.

The only parts you use are the Rotor and the stator mounting plate. The rest is not. You need an adapter plate that fits the engine that the stator plate mounts too. Several people sell them or make your own.
Once you get this far there is a list of possible donor bikes to get a stator from. It's in one of the threads about the Banshee swaps.
Leo

Thanks for all the responses. I'm aware that there are other options for the stator though I believe that the RD350 stator can be used as well (please correct me if that's not right). My main query is whether any year of RD350 rotor and back plate would work with the XS650 setup. Any guidance on that would be greatly appreciated.

Yes the rd350 pma will work, been using one on my bike for the last 5 years without any worries. Go to the Aussie site, posted above by skull, and follow the directions. Then find an appropriate reg/req from the boneyard, can't remember what mine is, and you are good.

Back