Yamaha TX 650 A wiring harness coils zone problem

expercat

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi!
I have a problem: I don’t manage to locate all the wires connections in the coils zone of my Yamaha XS 650 A 1974 model. Can anybody help me? Maybe some photos could help better than hundred words. In Italy after 46 years it’s very difficult to find this bike and an owner disposable for a partial disassembly of his bike to investigate this electric question.
Do I need a subharness not found when I bought the bike?
However I made a coils zone map and I found:
From main harness:
5 pin connector colours: brown, orange, black, green/red, white/red
From contact breakers: 1 orange wire male terminal – 1 grey wire male terminal
From right coil: 1 orange wire female terminal – 1 brown wire male terminal
From left coil: 1 orange wire female terminal – 1 brown wire male terminal
From condenser: 2 black wires male terminals
1 grey wire double female terminal
1 orange wire double female terminal
1 grey wire male terminal
1 orange wire male terminal
1 white/red wire double female terminal
----------------
1 black wire (ground) to frame
1 brown wire and 1 pink wire to horn
3 pin connector to flasher
1 white/black wire and 1 black wire to condenser.
I enclose my XS 650 coils zone photos.
Thanks in advance for help.
Mike
IMG_3990.JPG
IMG_3992.JPG
IMG_3994.JPG

Thanks for your words. Many and many hours to obtain this result. When I bought this bike there was two wheels and a frame..... This bike is daughter of internet with many purchases worldwide. The modify which I am more proud is to swap the Yamaha TX 750 complete front end (36 mm tubes) modifying the triple tree for keeping the original wheel trail.The original front fork is too weak for the bike weight.

OK, you appear to have all the proper and needed wires in place coming out of your harness. Let's start down at the points sets. The gray wire should connect to the upper set of points for the right cylinder. The orange wire should connect to the lower set for the left cylinder .....

0dOr3wg.jpg

The other ends of the points wires connect to the double orange and double gray connectors coming out of the harness, gray points wire to double gray harness wire, orange points wire to double orange harness wire. One condenser wire will also plug in each double next to it's points wire. Here's a pic .....

kdvXTdb.jpg

The single orange and gray wires coming out of the harness are the other ends of the doubles you just plugged the points and condensers into. The orange will go to the left coil's orange wire, the gray to the right coil's orange wire. The two coil brown wires connect to the double red/white coming out of the harness.

Attachments

• upload_2020-7-26_19-43-16.png
    upload_2020-7-26_19-43-16.png
    461.5 KB · Views: 236
Back