YAY! I too can find neutral!

jkocr2

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Finally finished my hydro clutch upgrade. Went with an 06 Honda vfr800 master (12.7mm piston) and the aprilia 28mm slave..took the bike out and got it nice and hot and YAY i can shift it into neutral at a stop...Thanks to the members on here for the tips and tricks. This forum is great!

20130827_012638.jpg

I would have to say that is probably one of the best mods I did to my bike. I think you will continue to be pleased with the function of this, I know I am.

Alright! It worked! How long did the screw in your pushrod end up being? Did you end up putting a ball bearing in the slave cup, or just a blob of grease as I did?

I actually ended up cutting a steel rod to 11 5/8" long and threw a small ball bearing in the piston cup....I tried and tried to tap the end of the oem pushrod but could not get anything to drill into it...cobalt,titanium, nothing world work. Basically ended up with a big blob of cutting oil and some burnt up drill bits hahaha.

But in the end the steel rod works great

How strange?!? Mine drilled and tapped with no problems whatsoever! So you actually replaced the two piece pushrod with a single 11 5/8" long rod? I wonder if this measurement would work for members who want to do this mod in the future, I guess it would depend on how much material was removed from the side cover for the aprilia slave. I removed quite a bit of material from mine to make the mounting area flat so that the slave sits nice and flush with the side cover. Either way it would be a good starting point.

I already had the single long rod/one ball bearing combo on the bike. so i just replaced the single rod with one a bit longer....yeah i could not get a damn drill bit to go into the oem rod to save my life. i tired every sort of drilling method possible. slow/fast/cutting oil/no cutting oil/a little bit of cutting oil/alot of cutting oil.....NOTHING.

i didnt grind on my side cover but instead used the nylon washers on the top two bolts exactly how osteoderm did his. the slave sits nice and flush in the piston stop since it fully locates in the old worm gear hole.

Back