Yep another new guy

CorradoG60

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just want to introduce myself. My name's Jimmy and this is the first bike build I've done so I'll be picking some brains when I run into snags. These intros are always cheesy and hate doing them. A little about myself, I love anything with motors and love learning new things outside of what I do for a living. I'm a VW tech and have been doing it for some time now. So yeah, I guess thats it for now :confused:

Oh yeah here is what I'm working with now..... '81 650 special. Progress is sorta slow since I'm getting engaged in a few months :doh:

SDC10226.jpg

Welcome. I am in fact a proud owner of a '93 SLC. Been a proud owner of my XS for almost 2 years now. I've been addicted to this site ever since 650rider went down.

Nice find! Cool that they've already got the tricky frame work done for you...

I am in fact a proud owner of a '93 SLC. Been a proud owner of my XS for almost 2 years now. I've been addicted to this site ever since 650rider went down.

Huh, I never met anyone that said they were a proud owner if an SLC. Its usually this damn thing, that wiring shit, now this is wrong. haha. Yeah I've owned about 4 G60's and on a friends '90 G60 I did a 3.0L swap with JE pistons, shot peened rods and a worked head.

Nice find! Cool that they've already got the tricky frame work done for you...

Nah, thats how it sits now. I got it as a stock bike like everyone else. The tank is still under fab. I had the tunnel section lowered about 3" which is already tiged. I gotta cut the the filler neck off and put the flush mounted pop up cap assy in.

...never mind, 2 women in your life is doable...best not to let them meet tho, youll never separate them

Funny you say that cause my chick actually bought the bike for me! :laugh:

Huh, I never met anyone that said they were a proud owner if an SLC. Its usually this damn thing, that wiring shit, now this is wrong. haha. Yeah I've owned about 4 G60's and on a friends '90 G60 I did a 3.0L swap with JE pistons, shot peened rods and a worked head.

Ha. Yeah right now I'm a proud owner. In a month I probably wont be. Its a love hate relationship. I've owned her for over 5 years and have only put about 20k miles on her.

What model harley is that tank off of? Or is a custom tank that was just previously on a harley?

This is the tank before I had the tunnel cut out. I got the guy I bought the bike from to throw it in with the deal. Neither of us know what it came off of. Maybe someone would know.

IMG_1415.jpg

IMG_1417.jpg

You can see how high it is just sitting before the tunnel work

This is after, about 3" taken out. I gotta get my seat so I can figure out where to put the tabs to hold the tank on.

SDC10219.jpg

SDC10220.jpg

SDC10224.jpg

SDC10222.jpg

Don't worry that NASTY gas cap is gone. I gotta weld this one in too.

SDC10216.jpg

SDC10217.jpg

SDC10218.jpg

Back