You just got to Laugh!!!

member3480

RICH
Reaction score
I have been selling bikes for over 45 years and I have sold many just too high to count but this new breed of buyers just crack me up. I would never buy a bike if I showed up and it was already warmed up or hot. First sign that someone is hiding the faults of a bike. I would rather kick my brains out for 30 mins to get it started from cold so I can see the real bike. So I have been trying to sell a bike that has $850.00 in brand new parts on it. Tires still have stickers on them. So I guess the new breed of wannabe chopper owners just don't do there homework before they come to look at a bike. You first need to know what you are buying MAKE MODEL YEAR etc HAHA . Plus if you come to buy a bike have a idea of how to start it. I get so many that pull the clutch in and kick it and kick it and kick it until I finally say you never owned a kick bike before? I have to have some fun I am old and been around for ever. Then comes the picking apart of the bike HAHA Next I get all the improvements that they have to do to the bike. Then comes the well I can get this bike cheaper LOL. HOMEWORK DUDES Bike cost even if you bought it for $500 stock Tank Seat Hardtail Tires Handlebars ETC you getting them for nothing NO Right there easy $700 . Now you are at $1200 and bikes not wired carbs not rebuilt or cleaned LABOR!!!!! even if you did it yourself its time.Now we all know who builds bikes those numbers are way off. So if I got $850. in new parts bought the bike for $700. had to buy a ignition and coil then put close to 25 to 30 hours in the labor of the build. So I got over $2000 in the bike WHY would I give it to you for $1100.00 and you are going to tell me that's the best offer I am going to get HAHA BYE!. I will ride this sucker all summer and have fun before I let it go for that. Plus this is not the first or last guy that will show up haha.
KEEP CHOPPIN

FB classies makes CL guys seem like saints......
giphy.gif

For the most part I've been lucky selling bikes, have had more trouble selling guns when it comes to idiots and low ballers. I did sell a Honda twin one time to a guy who asked if I would do a six month warranty on a 35 year old bike. He then called me a couple days later and wanted to return the bike because he didn't know he had to let the choke cable off and it was idling high (duh?)

Back