Wanted - YZ/MX 250-400 ALI TANK MID 70s

Leslie

XS650 Junkie
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,
Has anyone got aluminum YZ/MX 250- 400 tank they would sell and post to the United Kingdom.

For my Flat Tracker build

YZALITANK.jpg
[/IMG]

The colour is not important and a few small dints are acceptable

Leslie

Werent you bidding on that Ebay one for $100 Les ?
No luck with Keith then ?

Yes I was bidding on the American one but lost out :mad: I would of paid a bit more but not a lot more. I have emailed Keith and he has not got back to me I know he lives in New York in Lincolnshire but I have just not got time to drive over to the flat lands :D..

Im hoping something will come up as i am only a couple of weeks off having everything ready foer the pre painting dry build :banghead:

Leslie

Yes I was bidding on the American one but lost out :mad: I would of paid a bit more but not a lot more. I have emailed Keith and he has not got back to me I know he lives in New York in Lincolnshire but I have just not got time to drive over to the flat lands :D..

Im hoping something will come up as i am only a couple of weeks off having everything ready foer the pre painting dry build :banghead:

Leslie

61 sorry but are you the bloke in the home counties?, who sold me the section of frame.

if so,you are not selling that nice sr500 you shown me are you.

Leslie

Thats me Leslie :)
Yep,the SR's got to go, reckon soon as I put the top end back together (just had it vapour blasted) then Ill flog it,Ive got 3 XS650's that need money spent on 'em to get roadworthy!

Thats me Leslie :)
Yep,the SR's got to go, reckon soon as I put the top end back together (just had it vapour blasted) then Ill flog it,Ive got 3 XS650's that need money spent on 'em to get roadworthy!

The vapour guy at Biggleswade did a decent job, just a bit exspenive.

all I can say with bikes I wish I had not got rid the bikes especialy ones that were not eating any grass.

A RD350 ypvs LCII (concourse) a YZ750 fitted with a litre exup engine (frightingly f**king fast) my XR400 (great commuter and general runaround) my Urban tiger Blade with a single sided swing arm (luvely looker) my 01 gixxer 3/4 track day bike (tricked up to the bollocks) my prilla mille r (super sexy ) my greaves six day trials bike I could go on and on and I regret getting rid of every one.:confused::(

Leslie

Oh , God, know what you mean...Lost count of the bikes Ive owned but 3 still wake me in a sweat sometimes, my 1970 Laverda 750s :banghead: , 1990 Guzzi1000s & 1960 BSA A10...wish I hadnt sold off all my XS stuff over the last couplve years either...Im not actually 'in love ' with the SR the way I am with 650's (besides , Im too big for it) & the list of parts I need (cos I sold off) has grown..Paint, VM carbs,pipes, tyres,re-spoking etc.

How much did you pay for the vapour-blasting? I had a shock Saturday, my bill came to £100 for the rockerbox, head & barrel ,he said it took 3 hours!

Oh , God, know what you mean...Lost count of the bikes Ive owned but 3 still wake me in a sweat sometimes, my 1970 Laverda 750s :banghead: , 1990 Guzzi1000s & 1960 BSA A10...wish I hadnt sold off all my XS stuff over the last couplve years either...Im not actually 'in love ' with the SR the way I am with 650's (besides , Im too big for it) & the list of parts I need (cos I sold off) has grown..Paint, VM carbs,pipes, tyres,re-spoking etc.

How much did you pay for the vapour-blasting? I had a shock Saturday, my bill came to £100 for the rockerbox, head & barrel ,he said it took 3 hours!

I paid around the £100 mark may of been £120 cant remember:doh:

Bikes you miss
I owned a Ducati 888 sp5,,it was pure sex. That was till the belts let go and I ended up sliding down Newark road with my brand new Crowtree 1 piece leathers on.

4000 miles on the clock I owned it from new I felt like I had my nuts chewed off by a pair of rabid jack russells,,,I didnt have insurance F**KING GUTTED

leslie

They did a good job, but I would advise giving it a good blow over yourself as well

XSTRACKERBUILDFRAMEONTABLE13-11-11006.jpg
[/IMG]

XSTRACKERBUILDFRAMEONTABLE13-11-11005.jpg
[/IMG]

XSTRACKERBUILDFRAMEONTABLE13-11-11003.jpg
[/IMG]

Back