PAMCO Ignition System

pamcopete

Ride.Enjoy.Life is Simple
Reaction score
Makers of a simple and inexpensive Hall effect ignition system to replace the points or TCI in all models of the Yamaha XS650.

rotor3.jpg

Come to our website, www.yamahaxs650.com for details and instructions.

Available from www.mikesXS.com

hi, I was wondering what the benefit of this would be if you already have an electronic ignition model XS.
thanks.

emzdogs,

Well, the factory TCI system is 30 years old and Yamaha does not make it any more. Eventually, it will fail. You can buy a used one on Ebay, but that will be 30 years old as well and eventually fail.

The PAMCO replaces the factory TCI for about $200 with a brand new system. The PAMCO itself has a one year warranty.

The PAMCO will also work at very low voltage whereas the TCI does not like low voltage, so you will get faster starts with the PAMCO.

Some people recognize that their TCI will fail some day, so they sell the system on Ebay and use the money they get to help pay for the PAMCO.

650Skull,

The 277 system is $119.95 + $6 shipping or $9 shipping to Australia.

277pic2.jpg

You will also need 2 single output coils with 2.5 to 4.5 Ohms primary resistance.

650Skull,

The 277 system is $119.95 + $6 shipping or $9 shipping to Australia.

277pic2.jpg

You will also need 2 single output coils with 2.5 to 4.5 Ohms primary resistance.

Thanks Pamcopete great pricing :thumbsup: a mate has just done the 277 and he will be interested.

No his name is Steve, he lives up here in North Queensland................ Beautiful one day perfect the next :D

To my knowledge these are not endorsed by Pete, but I found them very useful. They are made by a guy on the garage. Marlboroman

Pamco Install Video Walkthrough #1

Video #2

Video #3

This video is Pete Pamco himself doing the advance test:

Jimmy: It's only fair you let her read that, and smack you, you know.

On topic: ordered my PAMCO 180 degree today. W00t! With la Monster Vert.

Just watched those videos, and i only have three issues.

1 - if you have to use a hammer to get your advance rod through, your bushings are too tight. Note that he didn't do the "does it advance and the springs bring it back" test. I bet it didn't. I also noted that later he had to use the socket wrench to get the rod to align to the weights - you should not have to use more than finger pressure to turn that.

2 - you don't have to grease the whole rod - just the smooth parts near the end where it actually rides. Not so much an issue as it just won't do anything. Won't hurt either, but hey. Although the grease might heat up enough that if there's that much in there, it will dribble out.

3 - wow, he put a *lot* of torque on the 10mm nut at the end there. You don't have to put that much, if you have proper lock washers under the nuts - basically tighten enough so that the lock washer compresses, and you're done - something like 5footlbs.

Last edited:
Jimmy: It's only fair you let her read that, and smack you, you know.

On topic: ordered my PAMCO 180 degree today. W00t! With la Monster Vert.

She laughed when I told her what I was writing.... :D

The advance test is one of his vids too. And they're just guides that I found useful when I put mine in.

Back