Master Cylinder

Tia813

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Tried ordering the slim line master cyl. from MikesXS but they are out of stock. Is there any other options out there? I'd wait but I want to spend the cash while I still have it. Thanks

I just grabbed an 11mm cylinder off eBay. It didn't have a position for the brake light switch so I have a banjo bolt switch on the manifold. I'll let you know how it works after I get it on the road this weekend.

Thanks guys. I got an email from them earlier and said early October. Looks like I'll be going on ebay.

Looks decent, I'd would completely disassemble it before I installed it though. Just to be sure it's all assembled correctly with good looking seals and there's no sand or shavings hanging around

I got two from the Iwannabuy person on ebay.
-Ordered one...it arrived all scraped up and the brake switch was bad. I contacted Iwannabuy and he was great sending out a new one and let me keep the original for parts.
-So this past Sunday I went to use the first one for mockup and it wouldn't bleed properly. I could get all the air bubbles out but still no pressure on the brake handle and no closing of the caliper. After taking apart the caliper (also an ebay item) and finding that was ok I went to the second Master cyl.
-2nd master cyl bled really fast and I had it working fine in less than 10 minutes.

-I did notice that both of mine have the exact same chip out of the handle...maybe this guy got a bad batch. I have a working one so I'm not ticked but it would have been a lot less hassle just to buy one from someone with better stock.

I got two from the Iwannabuy person on ebay.
-Ordered one...it arrived all scraped up and the brake switch was bad. I contacted Iwannabuy and he was great sending out a new one and let me keep the original for parts.
-So this past Sunday I went to use the first one for mockup and it wouldn't bleed properly. I could get all the air bubbles out but still no pressure on the brake handle and no closing of the caliper. After taking apart the caliper (also an ebay item) and finding that was ok I went to the second Master cyl.
-2nd master cyl bled really fast and I had it working fine in less than 10 minutes.

-I did notice that both of mine have the exact same chip out of the handle...maybe this guy got a bad batch. I have a working one so I'm not ticked but it would have been a lot less hassle just to buy one from someone with better stock.

just ordered 1 from same guy on ebay ... hopefully will work out ok

I'd expect a nick in the handle but other than that the seller seems to be a decent guy as far as ebayers go. Good luck.

I have a question about setting up the YZ master cylinder off ebay for a brake switch. I'm not really sure how they brake switch works, I know some, if not all work off pressure. All I know is I want the cleanest looking black master cylinder on my bars that doesn't cost that much.

-Can I take the switch off my stock master cylinder and put it on the YZ cylinder?

-Mike's sells a lot of different switches, but not sure which ones work?

Any help would be great. Thanks

Sorry, but I am not really sure what a pin type switch is? Is it attached to the lever? Is it similar to what is on the stock master cylinder's? Where did you get your pin type switch? Thanks again

Use one of Mike's banjo bolts switches. Keeps the wiring off the bars. Put it in the block where the upper and lower line hook together.
Leo

ecmo92, On your 74 the stock M/C is a 16 mm bore. The 11 mm bore will be to small. One of 14 mm is what you want.
The slimline #08-4003 is an 11 mm bore. That one will work well with one of the later single piston calipers.
For your 74 the #08-0255, #08-0262 will work well. They both have the mirror mount. So not as clean as the slimline but cleaner than stock.
Leo

Back