Master Cylinder

I have bought 5 motorcycles. The first thing I did with them was to rip off the master cylinder and the brake lines and replace with new. You can rebuild the caliper to like new condition because it is so simple, but I would not take a chance on the master cylinder. When I squeeze the brake lever, the bike comes to a nice controlled stop. I like that....:bike:

Pete any recommendations on what mc's to use??

Go with Brembo...pricy, but worth it. This is how I roll...I mean stop

brembo.jpg

I recently discovered that the Yamaha Zuma utilizes a 11mm Master Cylinder.

The banjo is on the bottom, its a got a viewing port, it's a slim reservoir.

The only catch may be in the lever design. It may differ from the MikesXS Master Cylinder in that it has a lever that is designed to sit further away from the bars.

I haven't experimented yet, but plan to.

There's a few different size Zumas, which ones are 11mm?

FWIW, MikesXS has the slimline back in stock. It comes new, clean, and not needing a rebuild.

I wish I could have found an 11mm MC with a remote reservoir so that I could do the tube-only mod. aka super slimline.

I'm pretty sure all Zuma's used the same size Master Cylinder, but there is only one way to find out. At $20-$30, if you end up with a slightly larger 12.7mm MC, it's no big deal.

Posted via Mobile

This was my solution. The master cylinder is off a 99 GSXR that I found cheap on eBay. I followed the instuctions on Chopcult for how to make a tiny reservoir. So far so good.
img1094ck.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Back