Kick Stand. What are YOU using ?

TurboFarviknugn

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
PHOTOS PLEASE !

Looking to see what those of you that have a lowered HARD TAIL frames are using for a kick stand.

Did you remove the OLD one and weld on a NEW one, OR did you just modify your OLD one ?

THAT is what I am thinking I will be doing. I have seen the NEW aluminum one kinda high $$ and thinking it would be a biotch to get to it to lower it down due to my exhaust.

I have a G&L hardtail with a 4 inch stretch. I apologize, I dont know all the dimensions off hand and I dont have any pictures of my side stand, but I reused the stock peg. I ended up cutting off the 'foot' and then shortened the stand a few inches, and then welded the foot back on. I also added some more metal to the foot to make it bigger and add stability. My design is not sleek by any means, but I was able to save some money by modifying the original stand.

I cut down the factory stand but went too short so I added some 1/4 to the bottom
8b8ab3e5.jpg

I have a cut out a section and welded the foot back on several times on various bikes.

THANKS GUYS that is the kinda info i was looking for ! I will take a look at that bolt on unit but in the end will probably go the cut and weld route.

I completely removed the original kickstand and opted for a bolt-on from Steadfast Cycles.

I re-powdered it and purchased a new spring to get it to the condition that it currently is.

As much as there's haters that don't like the thought of a bolt on it works well for me. Find an appropriate position, tighten it properly and viola!

Cheers

Steve

http://inmotionphotogxs650.blogspot.com.au/

I wasnt aware of a bolt on system like this, but I like the idea. I will maybe have to try this in the future.

To Jeepguy:

It works well. Mine required minor mods (paint, longer bolts, a little jb weld) but overall does the trick.

Back