1977 First Attempt bobber build

Spacing on the front

20130428_105441_zps5e4067ce.jpg

So its been slow but I was bored and got to thinking wayyyyy to far ahead about exhaust. I know I wanted to run under the bike yet I wanted to be different... so out came the card board and this template!

20130513_170202_zpsc44ef1bc.jpg

Now obviously there will be no sharp corners. My thoughts on it are that it would act as a 2 into 1. Any one else's thoughts?

Hello all again! Its been awhile work was slow over the summer so had to pay bills vs have fun money. Made little progress the past few months. Have a pile of misc parts ordered up and on their way to me to include a rear fender a new kickstand and other random goodies.

got all my parts in minus a sparx capacitor. Everyone seems to be sold out of them. hopefully bringing the frame to be welded tomorrow. Seat, tank, fender, kickstand and brake stay to be attached.

On that 23" wheel/tire, I assuming you are running a tube inside it? Any problems with the bead? I have a 23" wheel and deciding if I want to run it or not due to lack of DOT tires.

Thanks

Vernk thanks for the positive comments! Thanks to everyone for the positive comments! Norman1950 I PM'd you.

On another note whenever it seems like its time for me to start moving forward something always comes up. I was going to rebuild my engine this winter and started to prep for that. I started saving my pennies, getting a parts list compiled, emailed hugh to find out turn around times, blah blah blah. Then while I was on the road (FedEx semi) I got a call. I was told I would be losing my job since I made a boo boo (why is the challenger so fast?). So then again priorities had to be set back to paying the bills when the time came and that time has been ticking for about a month now. So now its back to square one find a job to pay for my toys ha ha. I have no idea if anyone follows this or does and it seems like I die. The bike will run! It will be finished! I will ride with my old man to Sturgis! Hugh will rephase it! I have big plans for it and want to do it right the first time so I have no regrets and maybe walk away with an amateur trophy here or there. I hope everyone else is doing better than I am. In no way is this a boo hoo give me attention update. I've been out for a bit and I prefer to tell it like it is rather than make excuses. Keep an eye out for something here or there who knows when I'll be back to throwing silly amounts of money at it.

Bike is looking good. Started my bobber build last month, 1980 XS650 with mag wheels and disc brakes. Going to go with ardcore ardtail, drag bars, mid mounts, frisco style sportster tank and will run a pamco with pma. I see you are a truck driver, call Werner Trucking in Omaha NE they are nationwide, my wife Sonja is a student recruiter there.

Best of luck on your build!

Back