1977 First Attempt bobber build

Picture as mentioned

20121215_211132_zpsbff5a53c.jpg

Also are the lower fork legs oval or is it just me? Cause I also wanted to turn those to clean them up real nice. If their oval though I guess its more sanding for me.

Dropped off my front hub and fork to get cleaned up and prepped for paint. Also he said he's more than willing to help me with my tail light ... woo hoo!

Lookin' good man. Built my 77' into a pretty similar bobber this summer down in plymouth. Working on a new one closer to you now in new brighton. We may have to have a minneapolis meet up this summer.

Called buchanans they said I will need to do something to my hoop on one side to make it work.... now do I get spokes then paint or paint then spokes?

The 23 to 16 setup is bad ass. Has a very cool aggressive look. Looking forward to seeing this come together

We may have to have a minneapolis meet up this summer.

This is being built to ride. So a meet if its done sounds good.

I am building mine right now in Minnetonka. (My Monster Craftsman Brat kit is supposed to arrive on Monday). We should set up an XS650 run to First Thursday at Dulanos in June or July. I have only missed a handful in the past 8 years. Can be a thousand bikes there on a good month.

Jim in Minnesota

Hub and hoop are on their way to buchanans for spokes. Forgot to get a picture of the hub after I smoothed it out but I'll get one before paint. Ordering new bearings and a avon cobra front tire this weekend.

Rim should be on its way back by the end of the week. I ordered the avon tires this on monday. Which was $445 for the two of them. New bearings and seals for the wheels. New fork boots. Another set of bars from livingdeadmc. Things are progressing nicely. Now for the wallet to recover a bit lol. .

So payday means .... more parts! So is anyone running the 6" chopper fender off monstercraftsman? Just wondering what it looks like. Also tires are already in as well as all the other parts I ordered. Now I just have to get off the road to go play with it all.

I am building mine right now in Minnetonka. (My Monster Craftsman Brat kit is supposed to arrive on Monday). We should set up an XS650 run to First Thursday at Dulanos in June or July. I have only missed a handful in the past 8 years. Can be a thousand bikes there on a good month.

Jim in Minnesota

Never heard of this! where is this. I'm assuming its some type of meet. I also learned today that there's a ton up group in Minneapolis of vintage cafe and bobber bikes that I never knew about.

Never heard of this! where is this. I'm assuming its some type of meet. I also learned today that there's a ton up group in Minneapolis of vintage cafe and bobber bikes that I never knew about.

It is called First Thursday at Dulono's. It happens the 1st Thursday of every month (As long as it is riding weather) at Dulonos Pizza at Lake St. and Lyndale ave. in Minneapolis, MN. Runs from 4:30 ish to around 10:00 p.m. On a good night, there can be over 1000 bikes there. Bikes will line both sides of the street for 2 blocks in every direction, and fill every available parking lot for a block. I have been going just about every month for the past several years.

This website http://www.gophersandcheese.com/ will give you a good Idea of what you can expect to see there. Go to Guide to local events http://www.gophersandcheese.com/p/guide-to-local-events.html and click on Dulonos pizza bike night. He has several hundred photos from previous bike nights. If you look at all the photos, you will see a few XS650 Bobbers that you will recognize. You will also see my bike in a couple of the photos, but I won't tell you which one it is.

I would be up for a group XS650 ride to one of these in June, July or whenever.

Back