1977 First Attempt bobber build

I have the same issue with my tcbro's tail. It is extremely tight fit inside but there's gaps in the same spots outside. Picked up some 15cent washers from lowes and i'm all good. I'm actually gonna pull the left one and fab a license plate bracket for it.

A grinder with a cutting wheel will take that lock off. On my bike I have only a very simple wiring harness with a on-off toggle switch so the neck lock is how I keep my bike from being stolen.

A grinder with a cutting wheel will take that lock off. On my bike I have only a very simple wiring harness with a on-off toggle switch so the neck lock is how I keep my bike from being stolen.

LOL I know that much but I guess I was asking for it. More along the lines of how would you seal it up after you hack it off?

Thinking about running a the Aris style headlight from lowbrow. Does anyone have one know someone who does? Just worried about how bright or dim it may be at night.

It works fine for me, the pattern is good at night, even without having a bright setting. I painted my lens yellow and run a 3000K yellow HID in it now, it is super bright now.

SO over the weekend I was thinking about what tail light I was gonna run and after a bit of web searching I have decided to create my own. Not gonna tell you guys what its gonna be or anything but its definitely gonna be a one off. Will load pics and process once I'm done with it. So stay tuned lol.

Hey there, I'm here in Minneapolis too and need to get my hard tail welded on. What shop did you have do yours? Your bike looks great so far. I went with the ardtail

gilbys the're in river falls wis. great bunch of guys and they give you a great turn around time. price is about the going rate of $80-$85 an hour. definantly worth the drive tho they have a couple XSs around the shop too. just do not bring it to extreme customs in newport guy had excuse after excuse.

WEB SITE
www.gilbysstreetdept.com

Still waiting on finding the right rear wheel but I have made progress have been trying and trying and trying to make a custom tail light but I keep finding snags along the way so I may have to get some help with it from a local shop or someone here. Progress today was stripping the front wheels to get ready for paint and new spokes and rubber.

210028_403160446398821_1721929736_o.jpg

Sorry to any and all who were following and noticed I fell off the face of the earth! I had to deal with some things so the bike has been put on hold until I can get my feet back on the ground. Yet I did somehow manage to turn my beer pong table into a motorcycle lift.

Ok. So life is settling back down after my wife(soon to be Ex) threw me a curve ball. Progress will be picking back up. I want to send my front hub and wheel out for paint but before I do I was wondering if the "casting" marks on the front hub are for strength or can I have them machined off and smooth for a nice clean look pictures later for those who are like ... huh?

Back