UK Bobber Build thread

Oh yeah the cartilage thing is a royal pain when you put the years on! I absolutely knackered my left knee playing rugby (none of this padding and helmets lark) when I was 18, just gets worse as the years go on. I do swear that cod liver oil helps!?!?!

So, today I managed to get the rear fender finally mounted and fixed up.I like the boss idea and I am pleased that there is no bracktery visible. To protec the paint I will machine some nylon "cups" to go between the boss and the fender.
100_2659.jpg

100_2660.jpg

100_2661.jpg

100_2662.jpg

Made some little mounts up for the coil and popped that in the tunnel of the tank, which I think hides it away quite nicely!
100_2663.jpg

100_2664.jpg

I also today, mounted the carbs back on and shortened the throttle cable and put the new throttle assembly and grips on. Heres how its looks as of today!
100_2665.jpg

100_2666.jpg

100_2667.jpg

In the last picture I coloured in a section of the rear fender with a felt tip pen, I may perhaps take that off to give a more sweeping line - will give that some more thought!?

Looks awesome! I'm so tempted to do a bobber, but I fear my back will not allow me to, especially as I want to do a 27 mile commute on it!

Go with the felt tip cut out, looks a lot cleaner!

Looks good Paul! Yeah I like the mounts like that. I think your idea on the fender contour is spot on. The bike looks ready to ride.. just a "few" things to button up. I'm stealing your coil mount idea. Ha Ha! Well off to get a Tree!

Thanks guys! Johnt3 you are most welcome, please, steal away :) A nice 6 footer??
Airwolfie, just do it! I hummed and harred for ages, then just though, bollocks, it's what I want so do it! Thanks for the comment on the fender, I'm sorely tempted. Any other comments on this, always appreciated!
Subxs650, it's certainly getting a lot closer, there is quite a bit more to do re brakes, wiring and of course the engine rebuild. It'll be a nuts and bolts job so that will fill in the time while the frame, tins and exhausts etc are away for powder, paint and chrome.

Paul,We got a 9 footer! Kids saw it and that was it. Had to cut it down a little.Just taking a break from running down which light bulb is not cooperating.:banghead:
Would much rather to be working on the bike than chasing down bulb's.
I will "borrow" your idea, Thank you very much. Ha Ha! Alright back at it...

Back