Need help deciding or finding inspiration for paint!

Which do you prefer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rudf0rd

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I've been lurking around the forums for a good year now. Great source for any problems that popped up while I was building my bike. Now I've run into a decision I would just like some feedback for.

So to preface this, I realize that paint is going to be a personal choice. I'm just looking for opinions here or possibly other cool stuff you guys have seen to draw inspiration from. I feel like I've been looking at this for days and it's all starting to blur..

Thanks ahead of time for any help. Please feel free to share your opinion even if you don't like any of this. I would only ask that you share something you really love instead.

So here's what I have.

This first one is an idea from my painter. The idea is that the metal is supposed to look like it's grabbing on to the tank.

Number 1
romans-design.jpg

On this one, the first view is the side that wraps around into the top stripe. Hopefully it makes sense when you're looking at it.

Number 2
along-bottom.jpg

along-bottom-top-view.jpg

The rest of these have just been me throwing ideas down. In no particular order..

Number 3
arrow-inspired.jpg

Number 4
random-knockoff.jpg

Number 5
random-retro.jpg

Number 6
turtle-shell.jpg

Number 7
upsweep.jpg

Number 8
yamaha-retro.jpg

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
The more classic choices! I like option 8 a lot as well..

For me, I'm leaning towards 2 or 8.. but that changes hourly.

Pin striping will be determined later btw. Hard to match fork color with black and metal with another color. Might just go something simple like grey/silver or keep it black.

4 if not then 8. 4 painted and leave the rest bare metal. you could bondo the badge area and bring the flames out a little to hind it.

882966_553985064642034_1275297524_o.jpg

Ah forgot to add this one. This was by far my favorite, but was talked out of it. Still kind of like it the most.

yeah now that i see the whole bike, and you want to keep the badges id go with that one, the one you forgot to put up.

Back