Protective cover

txgary

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any suggestions on a all weather cover for my 73 tx650,have been using a car cover but want to get something real nice,thanks txgary

Lots of covers out there. Sorry I don't have a brand to suggest. Usually the size goes by number of cc's of the bike and that works well. I have three that very in quality. A Cheap plastic one that's OK for keeping the rain off, but that's about it. It ripped and is fixed with duck tape. Then I have a nylon one that's much better that has grommets and bungees at the bottom that helps button things up. Then I have a real nice one that is a bit thicker, bungees and grommets like the other, and the lower half has got some sort of heat shielding material so you can put it on when the bike is hot. It's all about how much you want to spend, you get what you pay for.

A fitted flannel queen size sheet makes a very nice "inner cover" or in the shed cover.

Great idea for the indoor cover. It never even dawned on me to use one. Although i was using a full size bed flannel not fitted. They work great are are cheap. Just don't let the wife catch ya robbing the linen cupboard.

Actually on one of my bikes right now in the garage I have a old comforter cover (kinda like a huge pillow case) with one side ripped open as a bike cover.

Back