Source for 10.5" shocks

tidd1340

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Anyone know where to get some decent 10.5" shocks? I just ordered my visual impact kit and need to get some. I saw these on Ebay,any thoughts?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0576642939&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I was thinking of going with the Burly lowering shocks for
harleys,but they are 200.00 or so.I don't mind spending the extra cash if they are worth it,plus the come in black.Even with the VI kit and burly shocks im still under what a hardtail would cost...any thoughts?

Not sure what weight yer running but I'm pushing 185lbs and I believe I've scraped the wheel on the rear fender once since having these shocks. They will get rid of that space between the rear tire and fender that you can wing a frisbee through and give the ass end of yer bike the slammed rear look.
On a side note.....the side stand will NOT lean the bike like it does with the stock shocks. A good breeze'll knock her over, and the service (center) stand becomes more of a bear to use. I eventually put a front end off an xs750 on....increased the front height about an inch + and put the stands back to where they function.

I've since put the stock forks back on and set those 11"rs from Tass to their stiffist setting.....all's right with the world.

Last edited:
i found some on ebay for a 110 monoshock pit bike. i think it cost me $30 bucks for 2 of them. they are plenty stiff too. i think they'ii work great. dont have the bike on the road yet but i was jumping on the bike to see how much they would move and if they would work. ddint break and i wieght 225lbs.

Anyone know where to get some decent 10.5" shocks? I just ordered my visual impact kit and need to get some. I saw these on Ebay,any thoughts?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0576642939&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

harleys,but they are 200.00 or so.I don't mind spending the extra cash if they are worth it,plus the come in black.Even with the VI kit and burly shocks im still under what a hardtail would cost...any thoughts?

I'd be afraid to buy from anyone who sells shock "obsorbers".:laugh:

10.5 Rebel shocks work pretty good on xs650's. I have the preload adjusted to the highest setting to keep from scraping when the bike is loaded up, because my fender is only 1.5" away from the tire. I have also shortened my kickstand and centerstand.

10.5 Rebel shocks work pretty good on xs650's. I have the preload adjusted to the highest setting to keep from scraping when the bike is loaded up, because my fender is only 1.5" away from the tire. I have also shortened my kickstand and centerstand.

I picked up a set of '09 Rebel shocks off ebay for $60. They look brand new. The PO totalled her rebel at around 400 miles.

I just put 06 Rebel shocks on mine too (1000 miles on them). Very happy with the quality and look. I lowered my front end 2" also, so i need to chop about an inch out of my kickstand. I got mine for $40 shipped, so what the hell? they're worth a try.

Don't mean to hijack the thread or anything, but I am interested in doing this as well. I have an 82 heritage special that I have been working on. I am planning on leaving the mounting location where they are since I don't know anything about welding. with some of the shocks mentioned above, would they work for my sitituation? Since I way 270ibs, that is the part I am conerned about.

The rebel 250 shocks are a lot stiffer than stock xs shocks, so that is a plus for heavier riders. You will want to shorten your kickstand though.

Back